CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

$4000 Squirrel

Old 11-14-2005, 10:31 PM   #1
TripleMoonsExotic
$4000 Squirrel

So...

My buddy I've known for years went on an elk hunting trip out to Colorado the past two weeks. Spent $4000 to go out (licenses alone was $1000)...Took out a $2000 personal loan for the trip...

He finally got back in this past Sunday, gave me a call and he tells me about his trip...He didn't shoot an elk. Two of the 8 that went out got elk, but he wasn't one of them.

However...He shot a squirrel from 6 yards away with one of the big guns he took out...Demolished it...

He spent $4000 dollars to shoot a squirrel...

Anyone see anything wrong with that picture???

Old 11-14-2005, 10:44 PM   #2
Aurora13
Eh, I know that feeling! I've spent large sums (certainly not $4000.00) on deep sea charter boat trips and had nothing so much as tug my line before, it's somewhat frustrating. However its also the memories that count, not just the souvenirs.

Old 11-14-2005, 10:47 PM   #3
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora13
Eh, I know that feeling! I've spent large sums (certainly not $4000.00) on deep sea charter boat trips and had nothing so much as tug my line before, it's somewhat frustrating. However its also the memories that count, not just the souvenirs.

This is why they're respectively called hunting and fishing. If you killed/caught something every time it would be called killing and catching.

Old 11-14-2005, 10:49 PM   #4
psyhodad
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckkat
So...

My buddy I've known for years went on an elk hunting trip out to Colorado the past two weeks. Spent $4000 to go out (licenses alone was $1000)...Took out a $2000 personal loan for the trip...

He finally got back in this past Sunday, gave me a call and he tells me about his trip...He didn't shoot an elk. Two of the 8 that went out got elk, but he wasn't one of them.

However...He shot a squirrel from 6 yards away with one of the big guns he took out...Demolished it...

He spent $4000 dollars to shoot a squirrel...

Anyone see anything wrong with that picture???

PRICELESS!

Old 11-14-2005, 10:55 PM   #5
ghosthousecorns
The way I see it, if it's your money you should spend it how you want. Even if it seems like this person threw away $4000, it's better than blowing it all on drugs or gambling or other vices... I'd rather have nice memories of a trip than $4000 in my pocket if a bolt of lightning hit me tomorrow.

Old 11-14-2005, 10:56 PM   #6
carol
Hey it was all about "the experience". I've seen $4,000 blown on worse.

And thanks Joe for the laugh!

Old 11-14-2005, 10:57 PM   #7
TripleMoonsExotic
*scratches head* His money? He took out a $2000 personal loan for the trip. Has a $2500 credit card maxed out and a $360 SUV loan to pay every month.

In the end...We're having a good time picking on him for his $4000 squirrel!

Old 11-14-2005, 11:04 PM   #8
carol
I do have to say... Elk tastes REALLY good.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:04 PM   #9
ghosthousecorns
OK gotcha...but if he found a sucker to loan him $2000 I say more power to him. How many people own their house, car, etc. free and clear? Everyone has different things they value. At least he's giving you something to laugh about

Old 11-14-2005, 11:10 PM   #10
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by shed'n my skin
How many people own their house, car, etc. free and clear? Everyone has different things they value. At least he's giving you something to laugh about
My Grandmother! And the other snotty rich people on that side of the family!

I just had deer for the first time about 3 months ago. Hubby brought home a 100 or so pounds of Deer Sausage and snuck it into my Hamburger Helper...Deer Sausage makes it taste much better, I must say!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google