CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Considering breeding mice Tucson, AZ

Old 07-31-2015, 02:26 AM   #1
PandemoniumLust
Considering breeding mice Tucson, AZ

I am considering breeding mice. I did it once before, and I enjoyed it. My only issue is I end up with way too many mice for one snake. But its something I am really interested in doing again.

(I ended up not being able to get rid of the mice, and having way too many. And no way to get mice where I lived before without buying online, so I gave my snake to a friend. and gave the breeder mice to another friend as food. lol.)

ANYWAYS, As I was saying. I am considering doing it again. But I am afraid I will get in the same situation with too many mice, and not enough snake mouths to get rid of them. I can freeze them, but that wouldn't eliminate my situation of having too many.

Anyone know of a way to set up a situation where I could sell them off? Like ive read of some stores and what not buying them (saw this through google) but I can't really find anything local that would do that. I wouldnt mind if I had to breed more than I would normally, to actually have enough to sell and what not. But id have to figure out a way to reduce the amount of mice Id have.

My baby corn snake only eats one large pinkie a week.

My old breeder had 11 babies in her first litter (9 in the end, because I was like 17 years old at the time, and didn't do my research and didn't make sure she was getting enough protein. Oops.)

That is quite a bit of mice to deal with when you only have one snake.

So any suggestions on how id go about setting up a "business" (of sorts) to get rid of the extra mice id have?

I figured craigslist, But I couldn't find any businesses that might need mice to go to and ask if they were interested in procuring some of the mice id have.

Old 07-31-2015, 04:13 AM   #2
MysticExotics
If you do fancy mice, you might find people looking for cute pet mice as well as feeders.
You could do a 1.1 or 1.2 pairing of mice.

You can also add a snake or two, to eat all these mice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google