• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

alternative food

exotics.ga

I watched a video recently and sum guy was feedin his snake on sum timp of meat i fink it was liver or kidney so i am just wundering what alternative meat i cud feed them on and how often i can do this and if there wud b any extra benifits from feeding it to my snakes

thank u [emoji1]

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Some people also will feed chicks. I never have, so I can't really comment on the pros or cons. But I don't think there would be any benefit to feeding your snake just organ or muscle meat because they are adapted to eating whole prey, with all the bones, organs, fur, etc.

I've seen that vid. Frozen mice are pretty cheap at reptile expos and they are proven to work. I'd stick with them.

I occasionally use a product called ReptiLinks, which is ground whole prey in a sausage casing, to supplement the normal diet of frozen/thaw rodents. I offer the rabbit flavor, which is basically a whole rabbit, bones and all, (minus the fur) put through a meat grinder. They're convenient and equivalent in price to similarly-sized rodents, but a little more nutrient-dense and more quickly digested because they're already ground up.

They're good for putting weight back on after breeding season and for adding a little dietary variety. The creators of the product have used them as an exclusive food for many species of reptile for years with no ill effects, so I figure adding them to snakes' diets in addition to rodents can't be harmful.

Back