CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Acrylic glass for DIY cage???

Old 08-13-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
martin-bernstein
Acrylic glass for DIY cage???

Does anyone know where I can order cheap but good custom cut plexi/acrylics for my next cage? I got my acrylics from AceHardware last time and it was just too expensive.
All advice and suggestions appreciated.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
knox
That stuff is expensive everywhere that I have looked. Good luck!

Old 08-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
amc0405
We bought plexi for our project at Lowe's. They will cut it to size for you. It is expensive, but doesn't seem like you can get that stuff cheap.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #4
bkelm18
I've used http://www.estreetplastics.com/ before. You can order it in many sizes and thicknesses as well as custom sizes. Pretty good price.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #5
martin-bernstein
Thanks for the responses guys! I'll try estreet...

Old 09-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #6
Blue Apple Herps
Either that or get out your yellow pages and look for a local plastics distributor. Depending on what size you need, often they might have scrap pieces they can sell you for wicked cheap and cut down for you as well. Even if its a larger piece, still cheaper than local hardware and you can save on shipping.

I called several and got quotes and then called them back and played them until I got a pretty good deal. I'd call one and say "Company X is going to give it to me for this, what can you do for me?"

Old 09-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #7
tsst
I bought some from Home Depot cheap. I was in no hurry so anytime I was close I would check and see if they had any damaged pieces. When they custom cut pieces and get a crack or mistake they sell those pieces cheap at my local HD. I bought pieces 18" x 36" or close to that for $1.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:00 AM   #8
motleycorn1
Check a local glass store. They always have scrap glass pieces and sometimes plexi on hand they will sell to you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google