CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Acrylic sliding doors

Old 12-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #11
AlexEarl
yes and apparently they are a lot cheaper to run, but i was wondering whether they might be to bright for the snakes eyes or whether it wont effect them

Old 12-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #12
alan
I don't know about white, but I have red LEDs in the top of my snake's viv.
They were really bright when I installed them. They looked like spotlights where they shone on the sides of the viv and I didn't want that. I cut small pieces from a white plastic milk jug to cover each one and act as a diffuser.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:43 PM   #13
Marica
AlexEarl, did you router the track for the glass? If so, you may want to router out another so that each pane is traveling it's own channel so that they don't grind against each other. If there's enough room, you could just stick on some furniture felt along the glass. Another option would be to install some glass track/runners. I found this supplier in the UK:

Also, when I built my cages I applied 3 coats of Varathane inside, sanded, then applied a final fourth coat for a smooth finish.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:44 AM   #14
AlexEarl
no i didnt, i thought about it but i didnt in the end. what i have done now is put some yellow tape on the end of each piece of acrylic so it doesnt scratch (and it actually doesnt make the tank look rubbish). the next one i make will have either sliders or dividers.

thanks for the link, ill definitely use them next time

Old 12-17-2010, 06:58 AM   #15
rexracer
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post
I don't know about white, but I have red LEDs in the top of my snake's viv.
They were really bright when I installed them. They looked like spotlights where they shone on the sides of the viv and I didn't want that. I cut small pieces from a white plastic milk jug to cover each one and act as a diffuser.
An easy way to diffuse an LED is to sand it with some fine sandpaper.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #16
Snakehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marica View Post
AlexEarl, did you router the track for the glass? If so, you may want to router out another so that each pane is traveling it's own channel so that they don't grind against each other. If there's enough room, you could just stick on some furniture felt along the glass. Another option would be to install some glass track/runners. I found this supplier in the UK:

Also, when I built my cages I applied 3 coats of Varathane inside, sanded, then applied a final fourth coat for a smooth finish.
This is cool! Does anybody know of a supplier in the states?

Old 12-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #18
Snakehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marica View Post
Thanks I saved it in my favorites. I've looked around and those are hard to find. If you do find them they are usually expensive. That is a fair price.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google