CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

A couple cages

Old 04-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #11
jfoster38122
I really like those
Just what I would like cept maybe a little smaller scale

Old 04-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #12
jfoster38122
Oh forgot to mention, I'm talking about the second pic

Old 04-16-2011, 03:57 AM   #13
adhue587
Could you post some dimensions of the top picture. I'm thinking about building something like that for my snakes and was curious how big it was.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:23 AM   #14
dng123
I believe the cages in the top pic are 3 ft by 18 inches tall, but the whole unit is 18 ft long. One of the advantages to building your own cages is they can be any dimension you want.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:41 AM   #15
fatman
Awesome job man! I wish i had the space and £££ to be able to do this! I love carpentry and would love to make a multi cage system like your's! I made this one on a budget and in cramped conditions so it didn't turn out 100% perfect for my liking but it's ok!

Old 04-16-2011, 04:44 AM   #16
adhue587
fatman how did you do your glass doors? sliding or do they have a frame or something else? cant quite tell from the pic

Old 04-16-2011, 04:47 AM   #17
fatman
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhue587 View Post
fatman how did you do your glass doors? sliding or do they have a frame or something else? cant quite tell from the pic
They are sliding ones! Work really well!

Old 04-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #18
dng123
sliding doors are nice! Not too hard to do either, you can get the track online for either 1/8 in glass or 1/4in. glass. then you have to find a local glass shop to cut what you need.

fatman, what did you make your cages out of?

Old 04-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #19
fatman
Quote:
Originally Posted by dng123 View Post
sliding doors are nice! Not too hard to do either, you can get the track online for either 1/8 in glass or 1/4in. glass. then you have to find a local glass shop to cut what you need.

fatman, what did you make your cages out of?
Basic 2 by 1 frame with T&G on the outside and plywood on the inside! I made the sides, top,middle,bottom then screwed them all together! A friend of mine works for a glass company so was able to get that cheap!
Once it was all complete i covered it in fabron to make it look cool!

Heres a few pics!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google