CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items Wanted Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, WANTED can be posted within this area.

WANTED: Leopard Gecko and Information

Old 07-11-2014, 11:37 PM   #1
Susan
WANTED: Leopard Gecko and Information

My daughter wants a leopard gecko as well as verification on their care. She has done some research, but I would prefer confirmation and help from the membership here as I know many of you and can trust your guidance. If there is local breeder in my area, that would be great, but she will also be looking in some local petshops (yeah, I know, but one does specializes in reptiles) and if there are any things to look for to help her purchase one that has a better chance of being healthy, that info would be awesome. Thanks!

Old 07-12-2014, 08:38 AM   #2
Nanci
Doesn't Josh Ramos raise them? He's by Orlando somewhere... I messaged him that you were looking for one.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:57 AM   #3
HVani
I love leopard geckos. Their little smiles are so cute. I almost got one but I couldn't get past feeding bugs so I got a crested gecko instead.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #4
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Doesn't Josh Ramos raise them? He's by Orlando somewhere... I messaged him that you were looking for one.
Thanks Nanci! We're doing the unthinkable tomorrow (looking in a pet shop) but I think I have enough sense to ask the proper questions and can tell a healthy reptile from a sickly one (for the most part). I just have to make sure Jennifer has everything ready, which I don't think she does, before I allow her to actually purchase one.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #5
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVani View Post
I love leopard geckos. Their little smiles are so cute. I almost got one but I couldn't get past feeding bugs so I got a crested gecko instead.
LOL! I raised chameleons for years and my daughter has a tarantula, so bugs won't be an issue.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #6
Nanci
Josh can't remember his sign in, here...I told him I thought he could just say he forgot his password and it would send him a link to reset.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #7
Aurora314
Hi Susan,
I'm no expert, but I would highly recommend a breeder over a pet shop, even if it is less convenient and more time-consuming. My two Leopard geckos from the breeder are thriving now. Some time ago, sadly, I lost one from a pet store to a liver defect. That is only one reason, though. Breeders have beautiful colors and types from which to choose, and have a tremendous amount of experience to help you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google