CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

"Furniture" for climbing

Old 04-29-2019, 07:22 PM   #1
beckyhiker
"Furniture" for climbing

Our 2 y.o. corn loves to climb, but she has gotten too large to be supported by the vines in her tank. We have one thick plastic branch that I bought 2 years ago that has a few leaves and 2 very large, secure suction cups on the back which still holds her very well and she spends a good bit of time on it. I would really love to get her another, but I haven't been able to find anything like it online, in stores, or even at the reptile show that I went to.

So, I have 2 questions. The first is, what does everyone here put in their snakes enclosures for them to climb on? The second is, if I buy aquarium/reptile wood would it be regarded as safe to attach large suction cups using aquarium glue and then, once the glue is completely dried, attaching them to the tank glass like the plastic one that I already have?

Any other ideas?

Thanks so much!

Old 04-30-2019, 05:23 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
I generally take Rufus outside for exercise and let him climb on "The Real Thing." He does have some vines and wood in his cage, but there's nothing like a real tree.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:39 PM   #3
beckyhiker
Wow, that's great and those photos of your handsome guy are really good! However, having seen how quickly she can move and, having seen her jam herself into odd places in the house while we are watching, makes me scared that we'd lose her outside, although I've no doubt that she'd love it. Rufus must be a really good boy!

Old 04-30-2019, 09:24 PM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
corn snakes are not that fast. He doesn't move fast enough to get away from me. The main thing to watch out for would be "Holes" in the ground or "Cracks and Crevices" that he could get into, and of course giving the area a Good Looking Over before I let him loose is key. A lot of people let their snakes exercise outdoors. Despite how fancy you dress up their cage or enclosure, unless it's as big as a room, they can't get nearly the exercise as in the Great outdoors.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google