CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

10 gal DIY Separation Ideas? Anyone?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
Candyflipz
Question 10 gal DIY Separation Ideas? Anyone?

Hey guys. Just curious if anyone has ever tried to separate a 10 gal tank to house 2 corn snakes and whether it was comfortable and successful for them? And how you did it obviously. I've got a 10g baby '08 boy and a 24g almost yearling '08 girl that I need to house. I was thinking about getting one of those tank dividers they sell for fish (like this) but I wasn't sure if it would work well with the snakeys.

Now that I have 2 snakes to worry about I need both ease of transportation (I'm in college so I move in and out of dorms every few months) and space saving, while also providing the best home i possibly can. So I figured I could just separate the tank and somehow provide enough room for them both, while also making it easier to transport since it won't be two big awkward tanks, just one separated.

What do you guys think? Have you tried this in the past? Have you seen others try it? Do you know of a place i can surf around to find ideas?