• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What are some cute things your corn does?

Zeus is inside the tank. The top of the tank is a solid wood piece that screws down on the bolts with wingnuts. :)

Blaze likes to watch tv, he will literally park his butt on the couch, sit up and watch his episodes lol...i almost need to get a tivo just for him

My snakes like to ride my cat. The youngsters like to crawl up between his ears and curl around his collar- I am always there to supervise.

On a funnier note. I once took a big ol' rescue girl to my vet friend and she got stuck in a drawer handle cause she was nothing but fat- and after we got her out of there she crawled down his pants! What a way to find out your fly is open....

i have a sub adult amel who seems to stop in his tracks when the lights come on and i walk in and he just sits and stares at me for like a minute and then shoots off under his aspen bedding and i dont see him again but i think its cute because he acts like you have caught him unawares lol

my amel just stares at me when i walk in then slowly slopes off under his aspen like i have caught him doing something suspicious lol :sidestep:

My two babies run and hide under their logs when I turn the lights on. And my sand boa sticks just his head above the sand, waiting.

Had to throw this one in here. A couple months ago, I adopted a 3-1/2' corn that was living in really crappy conditions (10 gal tank, no hides, insanely hot heat lamp, etc.). Since then he's been doing great and getting very tame. He was in shed so he didn't come out for a few days. Checked on him and he looked clear, so I thought he'd shed. Got him out and he's crawling on my wife's lapwhen he yawns! Scares the you know what out of my wife (she isn't too easy with Zues yet) and she all but throws the snake at me. After that happens, he starts rubbing his head hard on my arm. Come to find out, he was trying to use me to shed on!! I never said either of mine were normal!

Very cool story Michael, looks like he's really at ease with you both :) I agree, hope that happens to me someday!

But DMong at least then you know exactly where the crap is to clean it! And water bowls are easier to clean than glass tanks.

My little Sherlock's been curling up in his "tree" silk plant lately, pretending to be an arboreal snake and alternately staring out the window and sulking with his face in his coils.

All three of mine poke their heads out as soon as I come into the room. One of mine is kinda cute whenever I pick her up, she rattles. She thinks she is so big and mean. She calms down quickly but wants to let me know her intentions every time.

When ever I am sweeping my living room. Both of my corn snakes poke their heads out to see what I am doing. It is cute. They also watch you without you knowing. o_O

My snakes use me as a shed remover as well. I get them started and put them back in the tanks, they don't like to change in front of me.

Mine begs to get out... he brings his head up to the top of the tank and waits for me to open it. Just stretches up and stares, without moving. But then the little bugger tries to dart out. As soon as he sees ANY opening, he's ready to go.
Sneaky.
And sometimes when he's pushing up against the screen (cuz he's really wanting to escape, why? Who knows? He is LOVED!), he gets up so high and then loses his grip on the class and slowly slides over and THUD.
HA!! Makes me laugh every time. Although he's probably thinking... ouch!!

my yearling, var, has a habit of if i hold her up to my face, shell stretch out right between my eyes, and start tickling the top of the bridge of my nose smelling me with her little tongue, and shes so close you have to go cross-eyed to see her haha. also i love when theyre dont getting a drink, and you happen to be watching them, and they look up at you with a water droplet hanging from their chin, haha. these are just a couple i find cute..i could think of dozens, but i wont bore you guys! i guess im just one of those people who thinks everything their pet does is cute =p

Back