CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

What are some cute things your corn does?

Old 09-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #31
jmichael
I get Harley out almost every night after I feed the outside dogs and take my shower. Normally about 9 or so at night. He will stare out the front of the cage and wait until I open the door, then he crawls on my hand and just looks at me like "what took you so long"!! He is never there except around that time and when he wants out. I never claimed to have a normal one!

Old 09-30-2011, 12:29 AM   #32
Dreamsnake
I just switched my snakes to newspaper. My anery Nibs drags her digital thermometer under the top layer and has made a tent. She has hides, but is a do it yourself kind of reptile.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:32 AM   #33
JennaJ
Spinnin' like crazy...

Little over a week since I got my new corn, and I handled her for the first time tonight. Went really well, she calmed down after a couple minutes and we had some time to check each other out.

OK, so here's the cute/odd thing. When I put her back in her aquarium, she slowly moved off my hand and then, once not touching me anymore, spun around in circles! She was even kind of burrowing into her substrate a bit as she did this. Anyone else seen this and knows what it might mean? It was almost like she was thinking, "OMG I can't believe what just happened!"

Old 09-30-2011, 04:06 AM   #34
Discordia
I was walking by the tank and noticed my baby was studying the thermostat, so I stood there quietly watching him (he hadn't been out of his hide all day). Suddenly he turned and looked right at me, and did that tilted-head thing that dogs do when they're confused. We stared at each other for a good minute before I ran out to get my camera, but when I got back, he was hiding again

Old 10-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #35
Backwoodsboy
I made a treehouse out of a cardboard box fastened to the side of the tank up high for my latest snake friend, Bink, who is a normal youngster and he likes to lay inside of it with his head sticking out of one of the openings watching me as I use the computer--like now.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #36
Hillybean
One of newest snakes (a butter female) will stick her head out of the bedding and slither about exploring. You only see her head though, nothing else,lol!

Old 10-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #37
JennaJ
My snake, Sneak, has done a lot of cute "peeking" too! Love these stories.

Anyone else have a snake that is interested in the camera lens? I was holding her while my husband snapped her first pictures. She seemed to gravitate toward the lens, stretching out in a straight line off my hand- her body making a b-line right for the camera! Maybe she could see her reflection? :-)

Old 10-06-2011, 05:35 AM   #38
AcesHigh
When I take my corn out for feeding, he'll use his tail to grab anything he brushes past. Also, he'll use his body to hold on to the plastic edge of the tank and try to crawl that way to the other side.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #39
legitimatehypnotist
Sometimes at night, Nyx peeks her head out to watch all around her. I found that if I go up to the tank and put my face close to it and sometimes if I speak in a bassy voice, she comes right out and puts her face on the glass and has a staring contest with me.
She is the sweetest snake ever, it is so weird, haha. Also, if I take her outside and put her on a flower, any flower, she starts trying to burrow into the center of it, the part with the pollen. Every single time, without fail. She's a cutie.

My hatchling is a coiler snake. All she does when you handle her is coil around your finger and watch the world go by. I thought she was hateling at first but I think she likes me now, and has accepted me as her pet.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #40
Destarte
Zeus tries his hardest to get out of the enclosure... Scales over 18" and he's only a hatchling! Little daredevil!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google