CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

cuddling corn snakes

Old 01-04-2005, 08:06 PM   #91
Cornfan
Missy, would that be Millenium Reptiles in Bishop Stortford, Herts?

Old 01-13-2005, 07:11 PM   #92
Quigs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornman1979
In 20 years of keeping snake i have NEVER had 1 snake eat another in my collection.
Quote:
Yeah i started with garters at age 5 and went on to own boas at age 10 and i started with corns at age 12. I have bread the snakes siince age 12 (the boa's) and the corns from age 15 (10 years breeding corns experiance).
If 20 years is not experience enough for breeding and keeping snakes then i dont know what the hell is. Yes i started at age 5 in keeping them, that means i have been handleing and feeding and doing complete clean out for 20 years. Is that not 20 years experience?????
I'll keep buying the rope, I'm sure you will take care of the rest on your own.

I just stumbled onto this thread...

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17196

Quote:
When i first started most thing i had to learn for myself so it's good to have a place like this, which didn't exsist in feb 1995 when i got my first snake.
Can't wait to hear your reply!

Cheers mate!

Old 01-13-2005, 07:33 PM   #93
cornman1979
How old was i when i got a garter snake? Errrr let me think!! Oh yeah i was 5 year old. Now how do i know that? because Quigs gave it to me (yeah of course he did).

I got my first corn in 95 Quigs. and my first garter in 85.

You do the mathes and see how many years that adds up to and post the total amount of years.

Old 01-13-2005, 07:50 PM   #94
oldhand
What is it with you 2?
Can't you both act your ages?

Old 01-14-2005, 09:14 AM   #95
TripleMoonsExotic
I'm getting a kick out of it...

Old 01-14-2005, 09:22 AM   #96
Alias47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs
Seems to be some fabrication of experience here.
It DOES say first snake and all.
That looks like nine years (can't really count 2005...we are only 14 days in)

Of course that garter snake you found in the shed when you were 6 months old counts as a LIFETIME of experience.

I have a 5 year old...does she have experience...YES...enough to understand how to handle the snake. Can it be considered "raising snakes" from the age of 5? Absolutely NOT. She couldn't do the day to day things that must be done, reliably, to keep a captive snake...and no matter what your recollection may provide you...you probably did not either...

Either that...or every time your garter snake died from miskeeping...you just found another one in the garden.

Old 01-14-2005, 09:35 AM   #97
cornman1979
Quote:
Either that...or every time your garter snake died from miskeeping...you just found another one in the garden.
Wish i could find them in my garden, i would be a wealthy man now.

Can i ask if you let your 5 year old change the water dailly, feed, do spot checks, or a complete clean out every 2 monthes (like i did with my garter, admitadly under supervision, but it was my snake and i did the job's required). so does that not count as experience? In my mind it does.

Old 01-14-2005, 09:39 AM   #98
Alias47
I guess it does...
If you truly did all those things...I guess it counts for some experience...
However at 5 years old, lack of comprehension is a factor. You may be able to physically DO those things...but as for the understanding of the workings of the snake...and diagnosing problems and behaviour...it is beyond the grasp of a five year old.

Old 01-14-2005, 09:46 AM   #99
cornman1979
Quote:
If you truly did all those things
Yeah i did, i asked m dad about it last night, and went throught my old records (feeding/shedding etc), which my dad wrote up back then.

Quote:
but as for the understanding of the workings of the snake...and diagnosing problems and behaviour...it is beyond the grasp of a five year old.
You are probably right about that as well, but still in my mind, your experiance of anything starts the day you start doing it, weather it be your first roller coaster ride or raising a snake or how to log on in windows, it is all classed as experience.

Old 01-14-2005, 09:49 AM   #100
Alias47
I suppose I can agree to that. It is ALL experience. But the actual amount of experience may be misrepresented by saying you have 20 years experience...when you really only have, say, ten years of understanding.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google