CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items For Sale Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, can be posted within this area. ALL members can place ads in this section.

Do you want to move to Florida?

Old 05-06-2009, 12:26 AM   #1
kathylove
Do you want to move to Florida?

And have plenty of room for your herps, dogs, horses, or whatever? Want to be our neighbor?

We are offering the 10 acres next door to us - a beautiful piece of property near Ft. Myers, Florida. Please look here for all details:
www.alvaparadise.com

Also, my niece has finally graduated (this past weekend), and is vacating our efficiency style, "mother-in-law" apt. attached to our house. So it will be available for rent, and will include use of lanai, outdoor areas, pool, etc. If you have a reptile collection, we can probably find room for it in one of the buildings, depending on what you have. Dogs, horses, and other pets are welcome, too. We are asking $500/month rent, which includes high speed, wireless Internet.

Hope we can find some good, compatible neighbors!

Old 05-06-2009, 12:32 AM   #2
ZoologyGirl
I wish!... Then I'd have someone close by when I freak out about a hurricane lol.

Good luck! It's interesting seeing a yard so much different than what I'm used to in Wisc.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:49 AM   #3
vetusvates
OMG!!!! Wow, Kathy, if it wasn't for being tied down by my job (and family that would object), I would be the perfect quiet 46 year old peaceful bachelor renter. You'd hardly even know I was there.
Kathy, you are so sweet.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:55 AM   #4
kathylove
Haha! Yes, if only...

I could find somebody just like you! OTOH, considering all of the interesting online discussions we have had, it would be WAY too much fun having you here - I wouldn't ever get any work done, lol!

Old 05-06-2009, 12:58 AM   #5
Maize411
PM sent :0)

Old 05-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #6
Tim66/corns
Kathy I am actually looking to move to Florida. I was looking in Daytona because I have family in the area. But I hear the jobs are so scarce up there.
Your place sounds like a dream.
I have 2 horses, 1 dog, 2 cats & around 22 snakes.
I would have so much fun being your neighbor! And I am very neat too. Still working on cooking.
One flaw? I talk a lot. I mean a lot. Once I am comfortable with a person & get by my shyness I am non stop lol.
You have given me something to think about if I do not have to many critters for you.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #7
kathylove
It is not too many animals. The only thing is that our 20 acres (of which we are trying to sell 10) is not fenced. So you would have to either build a pen of some sort, or tie the horses out, or some other solution. The property is mostly natural woods, but there is some grass, too. If you planned on staying quite a while, it might be worth it for you to put up a fairly large pen / fenced area. If you only planned to stay for a short time, maybe you could buy some of the hog panels and attach them together. We made some big tortoise pens that way. They are fairly portable when you move. Or maybe the "invisible fencing", or other type of electric fence - you can mount it on PVC pipes as the fence posts. If you rent the apt., and really like it here, maybe you could eventually buy the 10 acres and build a house.

You would have your own apt. with its own cooking facilities, although small. So you and we would have our own privacy. But we would share the lanai, pool area, outdoors, animal and storage buildings. If you "talk too much" and I can't get any work done, then I will just put you to work feeding and cleaning, lol!

The job scene is kind of bleak everywhere. But it can't last forever. What kind of work do you do?

Old 05-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #8
Cornsnake124
I wish I could!!

Old 05-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #9
animalhouse
Wow, If this land was closer to me... the Rescue I am fostering for is looking for land to get a shelter put on!

What a nice offer!!

Old 05-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #10
carol
Are you taking trades? C'mon all the animals I produce and a snake slave for the next few years?

Man I'd be all over this if I didn't know it would be taken as soon as my ducks are in a row.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google