CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items For Sale Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, can be posted within this area. ALL members can place ads in this section.

Do you want to move to Florida?

Old 05-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #41
KJUN
Good luck. I may have had a kid there, but I'm regretfully not looking to settle there.....lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I forgot, this state likes guns!!! You can have whatever you want!
Not true. NFA34, GCA68, and Bush Sr. in 89 REALLY put a damper on me getting what I want regardless of if I cross state lines with them or not (which is the only time the feds SHOULD have legal jurisdiction)!

Old 05-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #42
Nanci
Well, compared to California...

Old 05-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #43
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Well, compared to California...
Why would you ever want to compare ANYTHING to kalifornia? Shrug?

Old 05-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #44
Nanci
Because we're trying to get Carol to move here!!!

Old 05-10-2009, 01:11 AM   #45
Maize411
what about me???? :0( It would be cool if I moved there too...right???? I mean..I am really trying to convince my fiance...I'm truely trying here..and if I can get him to agree to it..This could be a real possibility for us...This would be a dream come true for me..As I truely feel I could learn a great deal from Kathy while renting from her...I also would have the chance to work with reptiles as a job (possibly..) ....I know you all want Carol there..but please don't disregard me..I know I joke around a lot but for me this is a real opportunity and I'm doing my very best to take advantage of this chance...It's a chance for me to move back to FL...I would only be minutes away from my mother, I would have a great landlord who shares my passion for the animal/reptile world..and I would have the great opportunity of learning and gaining knowledge of things I would like to achieve by someone who has already been down the path I'm trying to take...I really want this chance...I just wish my fiance would see this...This is something I am literally crying over...I just hope, with all inside me...that I can convince him...I'm sorry guys..I don't mean to attract all the attention to me..and that is not what I'm trying to do...I just am trying to speak up and say I have a genuine interest in the place...but now it's turned into a rant...I'm sorry...

Old 05-10-2009, 01:26 AM   #46
kathylove
Of COURSE I would love to have you here! I'm sure you would make a great addition to our group of Florida herpers. It is just for you and your fiance to decide whether it will work for you.

I have had several semi serious inquiries since posting. But nobody has said they would go for it for sure. So until somebody commits to it FOR SURE, I would be happy to have anyone who has asked so far (or EVERYONE - but it would be a little crowded, and too much fun - wouldn't ever get any work done, haha!).

BTW, there are 3 different reptile businesses within an hour's drive from here (one is only 20 minutes) who might consider hiring at least a part timer to do reptile care. I doubt that the pay is very high - probably similar to working in a convenience store, I would guess.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:54 AM   #47
CaptBogart
I think you should build cabins on it and turn it into the Corn Snake Summer Camp... Come down to Florida for the summer to learn snake keeping 101 with Professor Kathy, Photography with Professor Bill, skeet shooting with Nanci, herping with Mike, bird watching with Katie, trail riding with carol, spa treatments by Tony, entertainment featuring Robbie, 4-wheeling and fishing with Joe...

Old 05-10-2009, 01:58 AM   #48
Maize411
lol...That actually sounds fun!! May I volunteer myself for swimming instructor!! lol

Old 05-10-2009, 02:03 AM   #49
kathylove
Funny you should mention that...

We have been talking for a couple of years about offering Florida tours, both for U.S. visitors, and Europeans or others from far away. Bill does Madagascar tours, but since the economy went downhill, very few can afford them. But Florida would be much more affordable. We have some interesting ideas of offering a mix of nature walks, canoe trips, road cruising, etc, and getting a "behind the scenes" tour of one of the biggest reptile breeding facilities in the US (it probably IS the biggest one, and they don't normally accept visitors), and maybe a day of studio herp photography with Bill. And we were thinking of giving people the option to camp out on our 20 acres, or go to a motel - whatever they want. I think it could be a possible alternative to Madagascar tours, at least until the economy improves.

What do you all think?

Old 05-10-2009, 02:05 AM   #50
admitchell08
I would DEFINITELY go for that!
That would be soo cool!
Where do I sign up????

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google