CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items For Sale Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, can be posted within this area. ALL members can place ads in this section.

Do you want to move to Florida?

Old 05-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #61
OldGoalie915
Want a Chef?

Kathy,
How would you like a Pastry Chef for a neighbor? I come with my own resident RN and kid that is a snake nut

Ralph

Old 05-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #62
kathylove
That would be cool! Nursing seems like one of the few things you can still count on to get a job these days. You could buy the 10 acres next door and start up a catering service or ???

Old 05-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #63
OldGoalie915
True

Yes it is one of the ones you can count on. She has turned down offers from all over the world.
Hey I could do a trade out with you .. my cooking for your snakes

Old 05-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #64
kathylove
Sure!

Can you make some low calorie pastries?? If you can, and make them taste great, you will be rich!!

Send me an email if you have any interest in moving here, at kathy@cornutopia.com

Thanks!

Old 06-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #65
kathylove
Photos of the apartment at long last!

Bill finally took some photos. It is not rented out yet, so I will probably list it on Craigslist soon. That means I might have to rent it to some snake phobic stranger - yuck! Sure hope one of my CS buddies move in, instead!

My niece's stuff is still there, but she will move it out as soon as I tell her it is rented.

You can see the exterior door next to the fridge. It goes out to the lanai. I will try to put up some lanai / pool photos soon, but hubby's computer hard drive just crashed, and the photos I wanted to use are on it (I think we can get them back, but might take a few days).

Contact me soon if interested!

Thanks,
Kathy

Old 06-18-2009, 01:24 AM   #66
inocntkitn187
So, a few questions...

How does your county (& you) feel about pitbulls?
Any animal-related jobs nearby? (and I mean ANY animal jobs! I've worked with domestic and exotic. Also have a degree in animals).
How willing are you to help build fences and lodging for African Pygmy goats, Ancona & Runner ducks, Burros, dogs, cats, & miniature cattle? (ie. I already have a "small farm" business or two and could use any and all help to build facilities). - of course I'd be bringing corn snakes & lots of questions.

My fiancee and I are dying to move near a beach (and a lake ideally). We just spent time in Key Largo and loved it. We've been looking into Savannah, GA so heat and humidity don't scare us! Unfortunately, he has to finish up law school. So I'd have to rent the apt until he graduates. Are there law jobs nearby?

Old 06-18-2009, 02:11 AM   #67
kathylove
I have no idea about pits - but I see them on craigslist all the time, and haven't ever heard anyone say they are illegal. We live out in the country on 20 acres, so we can't really see any other houses from our property. It is kind of "do your own thing" out here".

I would be happy to have a little mini farm here, but seems like these days we barely have enough energy to keep up with animals and fix it projects that are necessary. Maybe during the winter we could help some, but I pretty much avoid outdoor stuff during the summer, except for swimming, lol! I never have been a fan of the heat and humidity, but I am even less of a fan of snow and ice, lol! I don't have a problem with having pretty much any animals here, but I am not sure how much I could help with them. Gettin' old with bad knees these days!

There are a few reptile places within about 45 minutes from here that might need help, at least part time. 2 of them have asked about some part timers lately (and one of those is only 20 minutes from here). Not sure about "law" jobs. There are a couple of small towns about 15 minutes away, and Ft. Myers is about 30 - 45 minutes away, depending on where you want to go.

If you are thinking about Ga, you do know that corns are illegal there, right?

Let me know if you want some more info, or give me a call.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:16 AM   #68
inocntkitn187
Are corns really illegal in GA?! I KNOW I've been to the Petsmart in Marietta to admire the corns they have available. That's so strange. Do they allow any herps? Or is it all a no-no?

Old 06-18-2009, 02:22 AM   #69
kathylove
ALL native herps in Ga. are illegal to own, even albinos. The only herps not protected are venomous (so they can have rattlesnake roundups) and aquatic turtles (I think) because people want to eat them. So no Ga. kings, rats, corns, etc. Not even garters, if they are the same species as Ga specimens. It is a very backward state as far a herp laws go. There have been several threads about it here on CS - you can search for them if you like.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:31 PM   #70
phicks48
Kathy how many rooms does the mother in law apartment have? Looks like there are a couple of doors there. Paul

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google