CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items For Sale Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, can be posted within this area. ALL members can place ads in this section.

2009 baby BCI's wholesale

Old 01-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #51
Kaminoke
Becky, are you up to tackling US Customs, or would you like some help with that?

Old 01-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #52
bekers71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaminoke View Post
Becky, are you up to tackling US Customs, or would you like some help with that?
I read this early this morning and put in a email to a friend. He hasn't gotten back to me yet though. If some one knows how I'm supposed to go about the customs thing, I'm willing to take advice or help.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #53
bekers71
I wish I had the funds to get one of those Sunfire salmons. Stunning animals!

Old 01-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #54
Kokopelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
I wish I had the funds to get one of those Sunfire salmons. Stunning animals!
There's always next year... who knows, I may come to Daytona at some point... yeah, they won't get any cheaper but.. I assure you they will get more and more attractive... that's one of the amazing things with Boas... every generation seems to be vastly better looking than it's former...

Old 01-05-2010, 10:08 AM   #55
bekers71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
There's always next year... who knows, I may come to Daytona at some point... yeah, they won't get any cheaper but.. I assure you they will get more and more attractive... that's one of the amazing things with Boas... every generation seems to be vastly better looking than it's former...
Maybe I should make you payments through out the whole year. Then when the babies arrive I've already paid for one. LOL

Old 01-05-2010, 12:48 PM   #56
Kokopelli
Hehehe, well I understand... that's not a small price to pay... I believe they are worth it though. Certainly when considering they are one of the few serious shots at Sunset Sunglow... which should be outstanding IMHO

Old 01-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #57
Kaminoke
I've never dealt with US Customs regarding live animals. I will look into it.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #58
bekers71
I've talked with some one today that has dealt with customs several times. He is checking on it furthure for me. But the way it looks this could be a very costly adventure. I would have to have CITES papers, which could take months if the US want's to give me the run around. We would also have to get permits for each snake ($100 ea) and have to pay a broker fee before they could even be released to me. This is just how it generally works but I should know more over the next day or so.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #59
Kokopelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
I've talked with some one today that has dealt with customs several times. He is checking on it furthure for me. But the way it looks this could be a very costly adventure. I would have to have CITES papers, which could take months if the US want's to give me the run around. We would also have to get permits for each snake ($100 ea) and have to pay a broker fee before they could even be released to me. This is just how it generally works but I should know more over the next day or so.
Make sure that you are checking the details for receiving animals- rather than importing.
We export to you- we are the ones who are paying for the shipping(even though you send the money for the shipping beforehand)- there's a vast difference in prices...
From what I saw it shouldn't cost 100$ per animal... doesn't sound right... maybe with -all- the other permits.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:27 PM   #60
bekers71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
Make sure that you are checking the details for receiving animals- rather than importing.
We export to you- we are the ones who are paying for the shipping(even though you send the money for the shipping beforehand)- there's a vast difference in prices...
From what I saw it shouldn't cost 100$ per animal... doesn't sound right... maybe with -all- the other permits.
Yeah $100 per animal does seem really high. There are people that receive imports all the time and they can't pay that much considering they sale the snakes for $100. I'm still checking though. Don't give up hope yet! LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google