CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items For Sale Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, can be posted within this area. ALL members can place ads in this section.

Does your reptile have MITES?
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #41
wade
My goodness it is interesting what people can find fault with. I’m glad Columbus didn’t seek advice from any of you.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #42
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
My goodness it is interesting what people can find fault with. I’m glad Columbus didn’t seek advice from any of you.
You shuold be the last one to talk my friend. You should take your own advice Anyone that has read my alternative diet thread will see you just made a Hippocratic statment.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #43
bekers71
Quote:
I agree Wade. I guess constructive criticism and politeness only apply to those people we are familiar with??

Old 02-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #44
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemrak551 View Post
The powder consists of nothing but very finely crushed earth. You use it in your pools to soften your water, and you swim in it when you take a dip in your pool. The powder is not a chemical either, it works better then seven dust and doesn't have any pesticides in it whatsoever.
Diatomaceous earth? I use it for pest control too, but I'd hope you are using food grade rather than swimming pool grade. The food grade powder is perfectly safe, it's actually mixed into stored grain to kill weevils etc, but the swimming pool grade is not safe for ingestion at all. It works by dessicating the insects, making tiny cuts in the cuticle of the mite or insect's exoskeleton. I've not heard of it being used in a solution before, in fact if you use it around your plants outside you have to reapply it after rain.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #45
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Diatomaceous earth? I use it for pest control too, but I'd hope you are using food grade rather than swimming pool grade. The food grade powder is perfectly safe, it's actually mixed into stored grain to kill weevils etc, but the swimming pool grade is not safe for ingestion at all. It works by dessicating the insects, making tiny cuts in the cuticle of the mite or insect's exoskeleton. I've not heard of it being used in a solution before, in fact if you use it around your plants outside you have to reapply it after rain.
Diatomaceous earth I use it to prevent roches from entering my home. It is not harmful to ingest but harmful for a herp to breath it in, it will scar up the lungs. Now clay cat litter wont harm any part of a Reptile and will do the same thing that is what mite end is made of

Old 02-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #46
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
Diatomaceous earth I use it to prevent roches from entering my home. It is not harmful to ingest but harmful for a herp to breath it in, it will scar up the lungs. Now clay cat litter wont harm any part of a Reptile and will do the same thing that is what mite end is made of
Yep, I use it instead of spraying to stop fleas from my cats, after they had a skin reaction to the spray.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #47
Vinman
Janine have you ever used front line. I dont know if they sell it in UK but it is great and last for a while

Old 02-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #48
diamondlil
Quote:
Janine have you ever used front line. I dont know if they sell it in UK but it is great and last for a while
That's what the cats reacted to. I still use the drops on the dog, but the cats had to go chemical free. Great fun, they turn into a blinding ball of furious clawing action.
I know herpers here recommend dilute frontline wiped on reptiles and sprayed in vivs for mites.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:38 PM   #49
wade
Quote:
You shuold be the last one to talk my friend. You should take your own advice Anyone that has read my alternative diet thread will see you just made a Hippocratic statment.
Sweetheart, I didn't say that I agree with everything everyone has to say, as you well know. I think many people here are going to the extreme trying to come up with ways that iodine, Dawn liquid soap, and Diatomaceous earth will wipe out man kind.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #50
Vinman
Quote:
Sweetheart, I didn't say that I agree with everything everyone has to say, as you well know. I think many people here are going to the extreme trying to come up with ways that iodine, Dawn liquid soap, and Diatomaceous earth will wipe out man kind.
#1 sweetheart dont apply to me being I a guy unless you like men, I dont, I'm strait. #2 no one said iodine, Dawn liquid soap, and Diatomaceous earth will wipe out man kind. I have no idea where you got that from, did we all not read a post that only you can see? All we are saying that there are better ways to kill mites with proven methods that work instead of buying homemade mojo. I know you know better than that , as you know you are not a stupid person

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread

Tags
mite, reptile supplies, treatment