• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

1 clutch + 2 dads= little surprises and confusion

bekers71

What addiction?!
So, I decided to go crazy, again, and breed 2 males to one female. All sounds great if you know what you should get from each male to the female. But when crazy little things pop out like this, makes you go "hmmmm??". :confused:

Here's the line up:
Male 1: Anery stripe/mot het blood. His genetics were proven last year with 2 females

Male 2: Lavender het charcoal, bloodred, stripe and hypo. This guy is so pink I think he may be homo hypo. This was his first time breeding.

Female: Hypo het bloodred motley

Clutch started out as 15 eggs but during incubation 6 were lost. I slit one egg today to find what appeared to be a bloodred or hypo bloodred DIE. It was fully developed so I'm not sure what happened. There were 3 already out of the eggs roaming around the tote. One normal, one granite and one anery motley(severely kinked). There are still 2 anery, a hypo and a some thing(can't tell yet) pipping.

So to recap, we have:

1 blood or hypo blood DIE
1 granite
1 normal
2 anery
1 hypo
1 anery mot
1 don't know yet
Ready for the kicker? Buried in the moss was a ghost! :eek:

According to these babies the mom is now proven to be het for anery as well as blood mot. But is the anery male het hypo or is the lav het anery? Some body has some thing hiding or the ghost wouldn't be there.

I love clutches like these! Gives my males more reason to breed different females next time around. ;)

Here's a few pics of the granite and ghost.
P1260324.JPG

P1260331.JPG

P1260335.JPG

P1260337.JPG

P1260354.JPG

Interesting to say the least Becky!

Poor lil guy, sorry for that one but Mother Nature has her ways and we just cant fight it.

Look like you have some fun breedings ahead of you hun. That ghost is real light as well!

aww the poor beautiful striped guy.... that one is the one didn't make it? Very cute ghost, so pink!

aw poor guy! And you sure that's a Ghost? He looks so pink! :)

The eyes are blue and ruby so it can't be a snow. Only other option would be if the mom were het lav which I doubt. But it would be cool if she were. Just think hypo plasma motleys. Yummy!

Thanks guys!

The poor little kinked one is so sad. The granite wants me; she has a "v" on her head. That was my excuse for getting a kitten without asking.

Back