CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Misc. pictures of my kids and their finds.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
spyderk
Misc. pictures of my kids and their finds.

Nearly every day that it is nice out, my kids are finding all sorts of things at our new property; it's so awesome! They are so captivated by anything, whether it is a common garter or spring peeper, or something more unusual like a crayfish or an eastern hognose.

The little hoggies in the picture are 2 of the 3 little ones we have found. This was one of the last pictures before we released them. The turtle was captured by my son from our pond. He has been trying, without luck, to capture another but they are quick! The frog pictures were taken by my 10 year old daughter, of her 8 year old sister. I found them while browsing through the SD card on the computer, and I laughed so much! And the last picture is of my 6 year old. She caught this garter while a snake-phobic acquaintance was over yesterday, and through Maria's excitement over it and then while showing her own snake, this person who HATES snakes decided to hold Maria's Monty (amber corn) and she had a smile on her face as she did it!

So I may not be having quite the year that some *cough-HeavenHell-cough* are, it's still good times in Northern WI!

Old 05-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
spyderk
Forgot the picture of my 8 year old about to kiss her prince! I sure hope she didn't actually kiss him, but I wasn't there for this picture.

Just asked - she didn't! lol!

Old 05-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #3
HeavenHell
Cute kids. Who doesn't love baby turtles? You're the lucky one to have all those critters right in your backyard.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #4
hypnoctopus
I would have loved to live there as a kid. Heck, I'd love to live there now! Cute pictures.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:47 PM   #5
Tavia
Can I move in with you?

Old 05-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #6
TyeW
Awesome finds! Sounds like you have a nice area

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Old 05-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #7
tsst
Great finds and cute kids Spyderk!

Old 05-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #8
Nanci
One technique that worked well for me as a child, catching turtles, was to just charge into the water and grab them before they could react!

I'd be so happy to find wild hoggies...

Your kids are adorable. And what's wrong with kissing frogs? I do it all the time...Can't resist!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google