CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Suction cups not sticking

Old 08-02-2016, 01:46 AM   #1
DLena
Unhappy Suction cups not sticking

This isn't a project, but you projecty people might be able to give me input here:I just bought and set up a used 5-tiered tower with back heat made out of hollow PVC. It works great. I have Gypsy and Lando, my two largest corns housed in it. They seem to appreciate the added room - a tad bit larger than the a 36" Neodesha cage.
The problem is that the suction cups for the vines will not stay attached to the walls. I thoroughly washed and rinsed... no residue.
Can I hot glue the suction cups to the walls and ceiling?
If YES, then I need to ask about attaching the vines. In the other cages, I hook the cups into the vine links and then close the metal hook with pliers. That way the snake won't be hurt and the cups stay attached to the vines when I do a total tank disinfect. If I glue the cups, then I have to leave the hooks open to remove the vines for cleaning. IS THAT A SAFETY ISSUE?
If this is a BAD IDEA, does anyone have a GOOD idea?
I REALLY need to be done with this setting-up by now.
I am soooo frustrated.
Please help... arrrrgggghhhh.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:17 AM   #2
jet_set_willy
Hi Dlena,

I had the same problem with suction cups as they just do not like wooden vivs.

My solution was to use self adhesive cable tie mounts https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brimal-Blac...ounts+adhesive

They are simple to use if you know where you want to put your vines as once theyre stuck on they are not coming off without a blade.

Hope that helps

Old 08-02-2016, 05:38 PM   #3
DLena
So I would use zip ties to hold the vines to the cable mounts and cut the zip ties when I do the deep clean? That would work! Thank you.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:47 AM   #4
jet_set_willy
These would also do the job and no need for cable ties

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/11187...ype=pla&crdt=0

Haven't used them in a viv but have used them while building computers to keep the wiring nice and neat.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:50 AM   #5
DLena
I'm doing this tomorrow. I'll let everyone know what works. Tomorrow will be my first free day in 9 days! I'm so looking forward to fun snaky activities! I've been stretched so thin with time I'm going through snake withdrawl.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google