CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

!!!WEW!!! My first eggs ever!

Old 04-30-2006, 08:05 AM   #31
cka
First clutches have to be the most enjoyable in the "Look what Santa left me!!!" way it leaves you feeling...Congrats and enjoy them....wait til they pip ...

Old 04-30-2006, 03:26 PM   #32
SnakeAround
Quote:
Originally Posted by cka
First clutches have to be the most enjoyable in the "Look what Santa left me!!!" way it leaves you feeling...Congrats and enjoy them....wait til they pip ...
If I'd caught them pipping before going to work, I think I'd stay home and call in sick!!!!

Old 04-30-2006, 03:31 PM   #33
your_only_nightmare
i doubt id go to school when mine start to hatch, but there due 24th of june... during my exams, so it sucks, but maybe they will take longer. add another 2 weeks and i will be happy

Old 04-30-2006, 11:46 PM   #34
ecreipeoj
Congratulations!

I have a particular type of lay box set up that I really like, but you would be surprised at how simple you can be and still have perfect success. I was at Bill Gillingham’s house many years ago and he was showing me the very first Mandarin Rat Snake eggs ever laid in captivity. They were under a small piece of flat board where he had poured a little water on the pine shavings to dampen it.

I was kidding him about his fancy lay box set up and he looked at me like I was crazy. He ask me how I did it, and I explained, and he thought I was nuts to go to all that trouble, when a piece of wood or a plastic margarine tub lid laid over dam pine shavings works perfectly fine. His simple method was ever bit as successful as mine. They laid their eggs there each and every time. The only thing that he did a little different with the pine shavings is that he used about double the depth that I used.

Old 05-01-2006, 02:32 AM   #35
diamondlil
congratulations, can't wait to see the babies when they hatch, the previous clutch looked fantastic

Old 05-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #36
SnakeAround
Well, the previous clutch of this couple was only the darker hatchlings on the pic, the lighter ones where fathered by my anery but with another mommy. But it does show the anery is het hypo... But you are right, they look very good!

Old 05-01-2006, 09:41 PM   #37
Bloodred
Congrates on the eggs can't wait to see the little babies I just love corn snake babies they're so cute!
The mom and dad looks great I bet their babies will look just as beautiful.

Old 05-02-2006, 05:13 AM   #38
SnakeAround
Aw crap

Yesterday I suffered a minor panic attack cause the temp in the incubator had dropped to 25 degrees C (78 F) when I came home after work..... it looked like the thermostat was off, but it was still 78 degrees (measured with infrared thermometer). So I disconnected it from electricity, reconnected it and the 'on' indicator got on. So I put it back in the water in the incubator, and after a minute it bursted and smoked! So now I have a alternative setting with a heatmat and a tub with water, but this afternoon I'll have to buy me a new thermostat/heating device. Will cost me as much as this second hand incubator including the broken one costed me.... But the alternative set up keeps the eggs on 82 F today, so they'll be fine I think

Old 05-02-2006, 06:38 AM   #39
diamondlil
fingers crossed, hope the eggs are ok. That must have been a shock

Old 05-02-2006, 06:52 AM   #40
SnakeAround
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil
fingers crossed, hope the eggs are ok. That must have been a shock
I suppose they dropping in temp went quite gradually, since THE manual says healthy eggs can stand 'extremes' quite good if not exposed to it very long (and 78 F is not really extreme I think), I'm not too worried.... should I? Other opinions?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google