CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

First hook-ups for me!!

Old 04-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #61
rich333
Just An Update.....She Started her shed Cycle 3/26/11. Right Now, Her eyes are beginning to "Milk" over. So....Soon it will be "Show Time"

Old 04-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #62
Nanci
Zora shed a few days ago. Still waiting...

Do you have everything ready??

Old 04-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #63
rich333
Yes Ma'am...i believe I do. lets see...Incubator is running at a steady 82.5 degrees...I have 2 bags of Orchid Moss...I have a 2lb bag of hatch-rite. i have deli-cups out the...well you know....with lids...i have 15 6qt shoe boxes. And 3 empty shelves measuring 17inches deep by 37inches wide. with heat tape. 3 helix dbs-1000 thermo. pro exotics laser temp Gun. a standard mercury thermo.(for the egg box) 2 temp/hygro digital Guages.....miss Anything?? OH YEAH...And 100 + pinkies in the freezer.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #64
rich333
Oh..yeah.....

I also have Both of kathy loves cornsnake Manuals....And You Guys

Old 04-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #65
ghosthousecorns
Sounds pretty prepared!!

Old 04-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #66
Snakehead
Do you have boiling water? I don't know what it's for but they always have boiling water in the movies when a woman goes into labor. Actually, it sounds like you are well prepared. Good luck! None of mine even look gravid yet.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:33 AM   #67
rich333
Thanks! I sure hope i am. Even with all the stuff, i feel I'm still not COMPLETELY prepared for this...Kinda like becoming a "Dad" ya know. You Know you've done everything that is humanly possible to prepare for the event...but then life intervenes and there is ALWAYS something that happens that you wern't prepared for. Stay Away Murphy...Just Stay Away!!

Old 04-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #68
Naagas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakehead View Post
Do you have boiling water? I don't know what it's for but they always have boiling water in the movies when a woman goes into labor. Actually, it sounds like you are well prepared. Good luck! None of mine even look gravid yet.
Haha! What is with those bowls of boiling water?

Old 04-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #69
rich333
Ummm...no boiling water or towels...paper towels..i do have though...lots of them! LOL

Old 04-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #70
rich333
question:

Ok, she is safely tucked away in her egg laying chamber (1 gallon size sherbert tub...Yum!). about 3-4 inches of Orchid moss...dampened..not wet...She has dug to the bottom...if she lays the eggs on the BOTTOM of the tub...will the eggs stick to the plastic tub??? i'm prepaired to cut them out with plastic still attached to the egg mass...if this happens....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
first time breeding