• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My first official breeding season!!

it's a very wierd sensation...I can't explain it. People generally dont accept Snakes (of any sort) as Pets. To which i respond "they aren't pets..they are my Kids!" I care for them the way most people care for thier kids. most people i talk to in my life just dont get it. but when I walk in the snake room..and i see all the little heads lifting up and looking at me...it brings a smile to my face....as if THEY accept me as thier Pet?? LOL

It would be *really* hard to stay in a bad mood, opening up a bin & seeing little nose poking out of those eggs. :)

Speaking of, here's some updated pics...Mica's eggs are close! They've gotten huge!
I bet I can predict which ones will be Tessera's...the super big eggs...there's 7-9 that I am willing to bet are Tessera's. The others are likely the normals. Just a wild guess, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I should see noses within the next week. :)

Attachments

• 012mica052111.jpg
    012mica052111.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 015katzen052111.jpg
    015katzen052111.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 013kaia052111.jpg
    013kaia052111.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 113
dumb question but... the second pic of the lone egg!! is that a bad egg or what is going on with it?!

Wow.....Nice Shots!! And Yes..they are HUUUUUUGE!!!!!!! LOL Tessera's?? Ummmm....give's me cold chills!! Wonder what an Ultramel charcoal Tessera would look like? LOL

How did I miss this thread. Great looking snakes.

Ah yes the denting game. Lol.

Which one is the alabama(name)?

dumb question but... the second pic of the lone egg!! is that a bad egg or what is going on with it?!
I honestly don'y know. It started denting about a week ago, about the same time one of Mica's eggs started denting. Mica's egg plumped back up, but this one dented more. I am treating this egg as viable until proven otherwise. I have heard of babies hatching perfectly healthy out of really ugly eggs...so we'll see. :)

Wow.....Nice Shots!! And Yes..they are HUUUUUUGE!!!!!!! LOL Tessera's?? Ummmm....give's me cold chills!! Wonder what an Ultramel charcoal Tessera would look like? LOL
Thanks! They've grown quite a bit in the last couple days. I'm trying to limit checking on them to twice a day. LOL

How did I miss this thread. Great looking snakes.

Ah yes the denting game. Lol.

Which one is the alabama(name)?

Thanks!
Mica & Katzen are the Alabama females. Mica is Katzen's mom. (See why I'm wanting to continue the line?) ;)

Since seeing/reading the last post..with the pics. I was checking mine...and yeah,i think a few of mine are larger..but that may be because i want the dang things to hatch!! LOL...

I've got pippies!!!! :)

So I could not stand it any longer & went in again to check on them, & as I lifted up the moss, I saw a head poking out...AH!!! So I cleared more moss & there was a second egg that had a tiny little nose sticking out of the egg!!! Woohoo! The first one decided to go back into hiding, & the second one also pulled back in, but I could still see his/her little nose.

Now it's my turn to be anxiously waiting, fighting the urge to continue checking on them, every 5 minutes...

And yes, I took a couple pics...not as much to see, with them in hiding, but the egg with the "arrow-x" on it had the one with the head sticking out. I *think* that one is going to be a normal. The other one *might* be one of the Tessera's...(fingers crossed) :)

Attachments

• 012micapip.jpg
    012micapip.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 96
  • 013micapip.jpg
    013micapip.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 014micapip.jpg
    014micapip.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 97
There's three now!
There's one that is under some other eggs, that was probably already pipping, but went I went in again recently, it was poking it's head out.
Check out the nose markings on the one baby by itself! Woohoo!

Now, I've put on a movie, & filled a glass of wine, & am going to try to stay away from the snake room. LOL

Attachments

• 021mica.jpg
    021mica.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 022mica2.jpg
    022mica2.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 025mica.jpg
    025mica.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 026mica.jpg
    026mica.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 112
happy hatch day little wormies =]

so pretty the ones head markings are to die for.. =] cant wait to see more pippies!

Thanks everyone! There's 9 pippies now, & no one has emerged yet. I imagine it will take them a while to absorb the yikes in those huge eggs. LOL
I probably won't get to see emerged babies until tonight. I've got plans set today, which is probably good, it will keep me from checking on them too much.

More pics soon.

:grin01::grin01::grin01:
funny! i bet they will have more yikes to come when they are out in the real world!

LOL!!
I typed that on my "smartphone" & my phone likes to change words...

I took this a little bit ago. They're testing my patience!!

Attachments

• 036mica.jpg
    036mica.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 95
Back