CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

View Poll Results: Keep pinky and the brain
Yes keep them, and let them be happy and looked after 47 95.92%
Dont be stupid - find them a good home cats and snakes cant live together! 1 2.04%
Get new flatmates?? 4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

corn snakes and cats

Old 01-31-2013, 04:07 AM   #21
TheGentileScribe
I have worries about this as well. We have a black cat who is about 5 years old and he was sniffing and investigating the snake's tank. At one point, when my boyfriend was holding my Pinky, our cat decided to open his mouth and slowly move in as if he was eating lunch. He got scolded of course, but I know we will be much more careful in the future.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #22
Jakegottabigsnake
I have showed my snake to my cat and all he did is look at it and go right back to sleep. He doesn't really mess with his tank, and if he did I would just keep the cat out of the room that I keep the snake in.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:20 PM   #23
heathster
I have a cornsnake and two kittens. They were a bit wary about eachother to begin with, but now they dont seem too bothered

Old 02-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #24
Justine66
I have a corn snake, with one tom cat but he can't be bothered by the snake, I have showed him it but all he did was sit there and look at me as if to say:"well isn't that a pointless pet.." aha! he did not look impressed, he then continued to laydown and groom himself. I also have a dog that attempts to "play" with the snake when he sees me holding him, hell bring the ball over to him and set it down. lol

the funniest by far though has to be my male Bette splenden, he HATES the snake! I brought the snake over to his tank just to see his reaction and the fish started flaring up his fins and darting side to side! needless to say they don't meet each other anymore..

sorry to get a bit off topic, but I think cats and snakes can live in the snake house with out any issues, asking as the owner is smart about it.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #25
CaseyH
I have 2 baby corns and 6 cats. I keep my corns in one converted bedroom, and my cats are not allowed in there. You are braver than I am, but maybe when they get a bit bigger I may just see how the cats react to them. Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to get more vivs in the one room

Old 02-03-2013, 03:52 AM   #26
smigon
My cats watch from a chair pulled up a few feet from the viv, since the top is half covered with a wet dish cloth and all corners with bricks I am not worried about them getting to them.

I have put Scarlett on the floor and watched my most curious kitty check her out, I think the cat would have loved to have played with her but that wasn't going to happen!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google