• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Southern Copperheads!

MotleyMedusa7

lovin' my sweet corns
We got to release some Southern Copperheads out in the woods on the other side of a canal near our house;these snakes were all rescues from yards in the Houston area by Clint Pustejovsky-our local 'snake man'. I'm glad they will have a chance to live where with any luck they won't be seeing another human,I loved how varied their patterns were & the abberrant one is awesome!

9rk2g1.jpg

107qfbd.jpg

jre1s1.jpg

110iwc4.jpg

14xcrac.jpg

I love the color of copperheads I have been fortunate to witness a mating pair was a bit of a rush because I was standing less the 1 foot away from them fishing a small pond on my property. I didn't even see them when I stepped close enough to be bitten. I just happen to look down just before I cast a line and saw them. Needless to say I froze dead in my tracks slipped away to a safe distance and watched them till they slithered away. I think they knew I have mad love for all snakes and spared me a nasty bite, that or they were to in love to care. Just goes to show you that even venomous snakes aren't always a danger to humans.

I'm In love!! Beautiful Group!

The Copper Head has long been my favorite "Hot".

Thanks for the pics.

Very cool! They are a favorite of mne as well and fun to have. Very squirrely species though...mine tail rattles and musks all the time when you move him.

Back