• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Starting a progression thread for my female corn

Thank you! And she is just a regular motley :) But she is in a project that a local breeder is doing, he calls it the 'perfect motley' project. Basically he is trying to get circles and not ovals or stripes in his motleys. I got her for free after the first one I bought from him (which was a normal) escaped, specifically because she has a single spot on her where two of her saddles attach. So she wasn't "perfect' and he didn't want her for breeding stock, so basically she is a line bred motley :)

Here's a picture of her attached saddle, in case anyone wanted to see it:
tumblr_n0rcaai7QA1s9amz4o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0rcaai7QA1s9amz4o1_1280.jpg

I'd read in the first page that your first escaped :( so sorry to hear that!

I can't get over her beauty, though- and I'm almost certain I want a motley as well! I wish I could find a local breeder but most places in CT that sell corns are shoddy pet shops :( but hey I don't mind a snake being mailed to me!

She's a show stopper! It makes me wonder how people can be afraid of snakes o_o but I'm a bit afraid of birds so I can't talk :rofl:

Thank you! I was lucky in finding out that there was a breeder in my town, the fun thing about that was I got to hold all the babies that I was looking through :) And I hope the first girl is okay too, I searched for her for months and never found her, and now we've moved into a different house. The old one had so many holes in it though, I bet she got outside.

Wow, you're snake has changed! I just looked at her first pictures to now and it doesn't look like the same snake.

Well the first two pages were of my first snake, who went MIA and was never found, but they rest are her! She has gone from dark maroon, to a very bright almost red color!

It's amazing how they change so much with each shed! I knew that the colors would change but it's so fast!!

They really do! She has grown about four inches longer than she was when I first got her, and she is a lot brighter! I also got some good pictures of her tonight:
tumblr_n0vj7qJTkb1s9amz4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0vj7qJTkb1s9amz4o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0vj7qJTkb1s9amz4o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0vj7qJTkb1s9amz4o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0vj7qJTkb1s9amz4o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0vj7qJTkb1s9amz4o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0vj7qJTkb1s9amz4o3_1280.jpg

Me too! It's really hard for me to tell if that's what it is or not.
And thank you! She's always been very social, she loves coming out of her cage to be handled :)

I doubt those belly spots are mites. Belly isn't the favorite place for mites to hang out. From what I've seen, mites are usually easiest to notice around the eyes. It is a bit unusual though since motleys are supposed to have pure white bellies. Maybe little bits of substrate dust get caught in her scales? I haven't used anything but aspen and newspaper for substrate, so not sure if that could happen.

She is very pretty. My favorite pics was the one where she was all coiled up imitating a ball python. So cute! She even had her head tucked under!

Back