CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

SRCORNS.COM Hatchling Thread (2015)

Old 09-02-2015, 02:02 PM   #91
DuxorW
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve roylance View Post
Actually no one has ever hatched a NON-Amel Sunrise yet. If things go as planned I should produce some this season.
I suspect they will look like Kastanies, since sunrise appeared to be dominant over kastanie in the presence of amel, yet the het kastanie het sunrise that were not amel looked like Kastanies.

If that is the case, then to test whether they are allelic or whether polygenic effects mask the fact that they are identical mutations, I'd cross the amel "sunrises" that are het kastanie to each other. If sunrise is allelic and dominant to kastanie you would get 3/4 amel sunrise 1/4 mandarin.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:05 PM   #92
steve roylance
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuxorW View Post
I suspect they will look like Kastanies, since sunrise appeared to be dominant over kastanie in the presence of amel, yet the het kastanie het sunrise that were not amel looked like Kastanies.

If that is the case, then to test whether they are allelic or whether polygenic effects mask the fact that they are identical mutations, I'd cross the amel "sunrises" that are het kastanie to each other. If sunrise is allelic and dominant to kastanie you would get 3/4 amel sunrise 1/4 mandarin.
Ok, sounds like a plan!

Old 09-02-2015, 02:57 PM   #93
Pogie
What is the difference between the Blizzards and White out corns? Do they look different or is it just the breeding that goes into them? Thanks

Old 09-02-2015, 03:11 PM   #94
DuxorW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogie View Post
What is the difference between the Blizzards and White out corns? Do they look different or is it just the breeding that goes into them? Thanks
Blizzards are homozygous for charcoal and amel. Whiteouts are blizzards that are also homozygous for diffused. So they have even less traces of pattern.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #95
cjbage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve roylance View Post
Well the whole clutch hatched out and I didn't think I'd see any "Orange Things" but finally this little one popped out!

Striped Amel Orange Thing
are these going to be for sale ?

Old 09-02-2015, 03:50 PM   #96
Pogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuxorW View Post
Blizzards are homozygous for charcoal and amel. Whiteouts are blizzards that are also homozygous for diffused. So they have even less traces of pattern.
Ah ok, thanks

Old 09-02-2015, 04:36 PM   #97
Haight
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbage View Post
This! WANT!

Old 09-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #98
Haight
Also, any chance of a sunkissed opal striped this season?

Old 09-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #99
steve roylance
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbage View Post
Unfortunately no. Sorry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haight View Post
Also, any chance of a sunkissed opal striped this season?
There is a chance!

Old 09-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #100
steve roylance
Hypo Cinder from the "OT" clutch
Could it be Homo OT as well??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google