CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Thoughts on a good snakey day

Old 11-15-2015, 07:15 PM   #1
DollysMom
Red face Thoughts on a good snakey day

Nothing special, but just a good day. It started with checking Cleos's viv and seeing a big poop in the water dish. So all snake systems are working! A good washing with bleach water and rinse later, the water was refilled. I know a shed is due and she's been hiding all day on the warm side. After digesting she usually hides on the cool side, so we'll see but I'm giving her a break from handling while I observe.

Then tonight was little Clyde's feeding day. But first I had to find him. I feed him in viv but I need to know which hide he's in so I can place the pinky head near. One by one I lifted hides and removed them in my quest to find the baby snake. Then I started removing fake plants. I got to the last vine and there he was wrapped deeply in it. When I touched it he moved or I never would have seen him. So I put the hides back in and he goes in his warm hide. I put the pinky head (with just a little more neck attached than last time) at the end of the hide and off of the UTH. I/2 hour later I check and the pinky head is gone. Mission accomplished.

It is these daily small tasks, joys, and learnings that make my day as a snakekeeper. I love my little worms, and it is clear that they do more for me than I do for them.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:48 PM   #2
Fauna
Everybody is "losing" their snakes today, eh? Haha. I couldn't agree more though. It's the little things that bring the most joy.

x- Misty

Old 11-15-2015, 07:56 PM   #3
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauna View Post
Everybody is "losing" their snakes today, eh? Haha. I couldn't agree more though. It's the little things that bring the most joy.

x- Misty
Yeah, it's crazy! Welcome to national lose your snake in the vine day!

Old 11-15-2015, 08:20 PM   #4
jagodzinski
I'm glad Clyde is settling in well!

I had a good day with my snakey too - she was very "cuddly" and curled around my arm while we watched a nature show about her venomous cousins

Old 11-15-2015, 08:35 PM   #5
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagodzinski View Post
I'm glad Clyde is settling in well!

I had a good day with my snakey too - she was very "cuddly" and curled around my arm while we watched a nature show about her venomous cousins
That is so awesome.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google