CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Loopy's Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 05:49 PM   #61
Karl_Mcknight
He certainly lives up to the "Extreme" part of Reverse Okeetee

Old 08-06-2016, 05:31 AM   #62
kdickens
Okay, here's one for ya! Went to feed Loopy a couple days ago and he wasn't in his usual spots. I had tossed in a couple of paper towel tubes (for hides) knowing full well he'd never look twice at them, but lifted one just to satisfy my curiosity and it seemed to weigh an awful lot for an empty tube! Sure enough, some how Loopy crammed himself in there head, tail and all! I picked it up but he was quite happy not moving. So I put the tube in his feeding bin and he stuck his head out when he realized it was dinner time! He would have pulled the mouse back inside and ate in the tube if he could have. Crazy snake!

Old 08-06-2016, 08:31 AM   #63
DollysMom
Isn't he adorable? Go Loopy. Looks like he's turned into a great little eater.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:53 AM   #64
Giga
What a cutie!

Old 08-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #65
kdickens
I'm not happy about what I'm gonna have to do, but I have to I suppose. Those paper towel tubes have to leave. Loopy likes one in particular, but he gets inside and I have no way to get him out. I need more access to him than once every week when I could coax him out with food. I had put in two and I took out the empty one and the other one he's still inside!
I've propped it up on an angle inside the viv and hope he slithers out so I can get that one out too. He'll have to find another hide out! I'm going to get a cork round (split) so he'll have another 'hangout' but where I can get to him also. I never thought those tubes would be so frustrating! Here's 2 pics ... One is the tube with him inside, the other is the tube with him inside .... hey! What the heck?!

Old 08-06-2016, 12:09 PM   #66
DLena
A gentle squeeze of the tube is all it takes to get ET out. Originally, I just cut it lengthwise, but he hated it...not a tight fit anymore...so I broke down and gave him a new tube. I am so easily guilt-tripped. All he had to do was rest his head on the cut tube and stare at me.

Old 08-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #67
Giga
If you need to get him out nowish, can't you just gently tear the cardboard open?

Old 08-06-2016, 12:15 PM   #68
Dragonling
I also squeeze the sides gently, alternating between side-side and top-bottom. They usually slide right out, though not without some indignation. Lately I just cut tubes down to a size where I can reach in and either grab a coil or push them out a bit.

Old 08-06-2016, 05:27 PM   #69
DLena
Dragonling, I never thought about reducing the length of the tube. I am so not a divergent thinker.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:42 PM   #70
kdickens
Thanks for the ideas! The tube he was in was one of those thick tubes, not easy to bend or tear. He finally came out though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google