• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mandy the normal corn snake

Your 'snake voice' is much better than mine is for sure! And when I talk to Loopy he pretty much ignors me for the most part. The only time he obeys me is when I put him in his feeding container ... he's learned to stay right there and not run anywhere 'cause he probably is gonna get some chow!

Oh yes, they definitely know the feeding tub, lol. I'm not sure about listening, but they all certainly respond to my voice. Cleo responds to my voice to the point that if she gets startled while eating, talking to her will have her immediately start moving the prey down her throat again. I've been able to reproduce this so I know it is not a fluke.

They definitely are smarter and more responsive to us and their environment in general than I believe science currently gives them credit for, though I try to avoid anthropomorphism. Reptiles in general and snakes in particular are not stupid. They have finely honed snake skills, and at the least talking to them does no harm.

I've been trying to teach Rufus to Fetch, Speak, Roll Over, Beg, and Come to the Door and look cute. So far the latter is all he can (or will) do.

Rufus might have one figured out ... I think they all are getting close to the 'begging' figured out too!

I think they all have begging figured out, Ken. One look from a pouty little snake face and I'm putty in their ha..., er..., gastrosteges!

Ventral scales
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Gastrosteges)
Jump to: navigation, search

Straight from Wikipedia!
In snakes, the ventral scales or gastrosteges are the enlarged and transversely elongated scales that extend down the underside of the body from the neck to the anal scale. When counting them, the first is the anteriormost ventral scale that contacts the paraventral (lowermost) row of dorsal scales on either side. The anal scale is not counted.[1]

So, Mandy was taking her evening constitutional and she found the shoe. I'm not sure what is going on here but the corn snakes love this shoe! I think I should try for an endorsement deal with Puma at this rate, lol.

nTtQEQml.jpg

:awcrap::awcrap:
Man .... (sniff ...) I get no respect!

LOL!

Ken was the one that gave the lesson! (There ya go Buddy).

I just stated the test is Tuesday

Oh no. :awcrap:

That's what I get for posting before getting my morning coffee. My sincere apologies. Not the first time I've done this to you guys either. At least I never get your snakes confused. Now that would be serious!

Thanks Karl. Mandy felt sorry for me and she just slithered in with a cup of my favorite Kenyan AA; but I'll check out the Verona soon!

Back