CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

The Egg Watch Continues . . .

Old 07-15-2016, 09:17 AM   #61
axis1
#'s 10 - 13!!!

It's Raining Snows!!!

Old 07-15-2016, 09:31 AM   #62
axis1
I just realized, if I don't label each and every container, there would be NO WAY to tell most of these guys apart!! A small chore, to say the least.

But NOW that most of the eggs are hatched, I already went ahead and placed an order for 100 pinkies from Mack's Natural Reptile Food which actually comes out to about .49 per pinky with guaranteed FedEx ground shipping!! (Thanx for the suggestion Karl & Rufus!).

Old 07-15-2016, 10:31 AM   #63
DollysMom
Oh no, ear worm alert! Now, I'm humming "It's raining snows" to the tune of "It's raining men". Arrrrgh!

Congrats Axis. What a week it has been for you!

Old 07-15-2016, 04:42 PM   #64
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Oh no, ear worm alert! Now, I'm humming "It's raining snows" to the tune of "It's raining men". Arrrrgh!

Congrats Axis. What a week it has been for you!
Ooops! Sorry there Dollysmom!

I know what you mean! I accidentally caught that "ear worm" right after posting that and while I was on the subway I was wondering why some guy was smiling at me until I noticed I was HUMMING & SINGING the LYRICS to that damn song!!!

YUUUUCCCCKKYYY POOOO!!!

But on a more positive note: although they have taken quite a while to all breach their shells (5 full days thus far!), MOST of the little pippies are out! There are four stubborn eggs left YET that are just SITTING THERE, not even breaking a sweat! Of course, I will keep an eye on them and post updates here.

Later On Y'all!!!!!

Old 07-15-2016, 05:26 PM   #65
DollysMom
Those last four eggs just need to bake a while longer. At the rate they've been hatching I'm betting you should see some action in the next day or so. I wonder if they will be snows, too. You have enough snows for your own ski hill, Axis!

Old 07-15-2016, 08:03 PM   #66
axis1
I was thinking of something more in line with Black Sabbath's classic, "Snowblind." But maybe your metaphoric description is more appropriate for this site which admits folks of all ages, no? (Come to think of it, if I had a small child, I would warn them about me!! And if I had a daughter, I would never potty-train her neither, so the first date she ever has, she'll take a dump in the car and would be driven RIGHT BACK HOME! Cause ALL guys suck and just have one thing on their minds!!)

Whoa. Sorry. Went a tad over the top there, huh? Yeah. Wow. Sorry!

Back on-topic: (My meds are JUST kickin' in!). While I now have 12 Snows, I also have one who MAY be a stripe but I have no idea what kind. Here's a couple of shots, maybe someone can make him out?

Old 07-15-2016, 08:08 PM   #67
axis1
Wonderland! Winter wonderland! Sleigh bells ring!! Are you listening . . . I'm having Christmas in July!! Literally!!!

Old 07-15-2016, 08:31 PM   #68
OregonSnake
It looks a little too red to be a snow. I would guess it's an amel stripe. I'm not perfect at identify morphs though. Hopefully someone with a little bit more experience will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-15-2016, 09:04 PM   #69
Shiari
Congratulations on your amel stripe!

Old 07-16-2016, 01:43 AM   #70
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Congratulations on your amel stripe!
Thanx Shiari! Nice to hear you confirm what morph this little cutie is, especially since it's the only different one in the entire clutch. I noticed that little "umbilical-cord"-looking connection all hatchlings have with their eggs and this particular snake's wouldn't disconnect for over 24 hours, so I assisted with warm water and a paper-towel and eventually it just came loose as the snake slid between the folds of the towels (I was extremely careful not to pull on it!). That's when I noticed a slight little kink in this little runt's tail. Hope it doesn't impact on the health or functionality of this poor little sneak! I'll just have to keep an eye or two on the cute little runt! (Doesn't make a difference to me, because I was going to keep this little one, but not for breeding purposes either!

And JUST before I was ready to post this little late-night dialogue, I went to check on the remaining four eggs and the me was breached! So I'm expecting #14 really soon!!

Happy Saturday to everyone!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google