CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Transplanted Addict

Old 09-23-2005, 09:25 AM   #1
graffixcs
Transplanted Addict

As the title states I am a transplant from Australia where corn snakes can only be found in zoos, so being able to keep them privately here in the USA is cool as heck.

I am Brett and have been keeping a wide variety of herps since I was 14 (20 years already ). I have become totally addicted to corns for the variety of morphs, their temperament and relative ease of keeping. As many people, I started out with just one pet corn, the addiction has grown to a little over 30.

From my signature you can see I like a wide variety of morphs and while I do plan to breed a few of these this is purely a hobby and all my snakes are pets. My house is fast becoming a zoo with mice and rats (for obvious reasons), hamsters (NOT for the snakes), numerous tropical fish tanks, and my boy "Matey", my weimaraner, a rabbit, Bazza the large mouth Bass, Romeo the veiled chameleon and gosh knows what else will move in.

Well in a nut shell that's me and I would like to welcome anyone and also thank everyone for making this site such a pleasure to visit.

Kudos Rich Z !

Old 09-23-2005, 12:17 PM   #2
medic2
Hi Brett, welcome to the forum. This is a great place for those with a corn addiction. Doesnt matter how many colors you have Rich will always come up with something better.

Old 09-25-2005, 12:30 AM   #3
wendyhoo9
Welcome! Wow, I'm jealous! I have my 3 corns at present and looking to pick up a pastel ghost motely soon (after Susan from Willis Wildlife Enterprises posted a gorgeous pick of one of her adult males).

I'm currently paying off 3 ball python girls (one het hypo, and two 66% het pied). I can't wait till I get to bring them home either. I also have a small menagerie of crested geckos (cute little buggers!).

Welcome to the forums and know you're in good company of the herp obsessed!

Old 09-25-2005, 12:33 PM   #4
Chris Steele
Welcome to the forums. Why did you move here from Australia? Not to put my own country down, but I have heard that the economy is MUCH better over there. Anyway, I know what you mean about having a zoo in your house and I'm still living with my parents (I'm 17). Haha, who knows what all I'll have once I move out and have a perminant job...

Old 09-26-2005, 09:46 AM   #5
graffixcs
Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Steele
Welcome to the forums. Why did you move here from Australia? Not to put my own country down, but I have heard that the economy is MUCH better over there. Anyway, I know what you mean about having a zoo in your house and I'm still living with my parents (I'm 17). Haha, who knows what all I'll have once I move out and have a perminant job...
Well Chris, I look at it this way, I had the opportunity to move and see some more of the world. I love Australia and am a proud "Aussie", but if you are willing to work hard, Americas economy is strong enough to make a nice living. There is a lot more to any country than just the economy tho, heck, snow is still new to me, I love that white stuff and cop a lot of flack for doing so.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google