CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Oh nooo....

Old 03-31-2008, 03:02 AM   #1
Tula_Montage
Oh nooo....

I woke up this morning to find Lacey sitting with just one slug. Shes still mahoosive, when will she continue to lay? I'm afraid this is a sign of things to come

What a crap way to start the day knowing I have to go out and leave her until 5pm this evening

Old 03-31-2008, 03:18 AM   #2
diamondlil
Oh girlie! Try not to worry. (Useless advice, I know)

Old 03-31-2008, 03:25 AM   #3
toyah
It might be worth calling your vet, and just letting them know the situation - then if once you get home things aren't looking up, the vet is expecting you to call or drop in.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:29 AM   #4
Tula_Montage
Shes not bulging at her vent or anything... I don't think shes bound. Shes actually out her laybox now and is back in her warm hide. I will see if she has passed anything else by the time I get home, it not I will indeed give the vet a call. Now I'm a nervous wreck...

Old 03-31-2008, 07:19 AM   #5
Ohana
Oh good luck and try not to worry.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:30 AM   #6
bitsy
All may not be lost. They can "dump" slugs a week or two ahead of a healthy fertile clutch. Fingers crossed for you...

Old 03-31-2008, 11:33 AM   #7
Tula_Montage
I have spoken to a couple of very experienced and reputable corn snake breeders who have told me not to worry. They can dump slugs before they lay a fertile clutch. I really hope this is the case.

Shes in her laybox now, I placed a towel over her box so she wouldn't get stressed out with me moving around the room. I'm just hoping for at least 1 fertile egg, anything else is a bonus

Old 03-31-2008, 11:38 AM   #8
wade
Oh no, they hate towels, that will really freak her out.

jk

I agree with the others, this is just the start of a large and healthy clutch. Good luck Elle. It will be good!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:59 AM   #9
Tula_Montage
Oh I hope so! I am now well convinced she is gravid, I didn't believe it until I saw that egg.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:21 PM   #10
ArpeggioAngel
I will be thinking of you and Lacey and hoping for all the rest to be big beautiful healthy eggs!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google