CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

!!!! My Unexpected EGGS !!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #51
brtrude
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathylove View Post
If you get her fattened up nicely, you might try putting her with a male several weeks earlier next year.

It is important to take her out and let her crawl back into her cage in a very relaxed manner. Then you can push your index finger (or possibly a couple of fingers) into her belly a bit as she crawls. And cup her body with the rest of your hand so that your index finger is able to gently probe her belly. That way, you can feel if there are any other "bumps" (eggs) as she crawls. If her muscles are too tight, you won't be able to palpate, so be sure she is relaxed and crawling slowly. I describe the process in my book, and what to do if she is eggbound. Hopefully you won't have to deal with that this year.

She will probably go blue shortly, so may not eat until she sheds.

Good luck!

thanks for the great advice kathy!

i have read about that in your book a while ago but do you mean to do that now to see if there are still any eggs? or do you mean to do that next year to see if she becomes gravid again?

its good to know she may not eat until she sheds, that would be a good explanation fore why she isnt eating right now.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #52
brtrude
........shes laying more eggs!

shes in blue right now and i was expecting to come home from work today and see her neerly ready to be shedding but instead i came home to find her laying more eggs! lol WOW!

shes got two out right now with more to come. i cant tell wether or not these are going to be fertile but im going to have to go and get another egg box ready!

Old 03-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #53
Maize411
Talking

This snake is making the "Octo mom" look normal....lol

Old 03-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #54
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtrude View Post
........shes laying more eggs!

shes in blue right now and i was expecting to come home from work today and see her neerly ready to be shedding but instead i came home to find her laying more eggs! lol WOW!

shes got two out right now with more to come. i cant tell wether or not these are going to be fertile but im going to have to go and get another egg box ready!
That is unbelievable...poor poor girl! I hope she's OK!

Old 03-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #55
brtrude
i know once again im totally shocked!
she is such a machine! once she sheds after this clutch im hoping she will start eating.

would you say this is a double clutch or just some unfinished buisness form last time?

Old 03-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #56
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtrude View Post
i know once again im totally shocked!
she is such a machine! once she sheds after this clutch im hoping she will start eating.

would you say this is a double clutch or just some unfinished business form last time?
definitely unfinished business! A double clutch takes more than a month to occur, she has to re-ovulate, impregnate ( sometimes with retained sperm) and then carry the eggs to term.
I would just try not to mess with her much except for food, water etc... I'm glad she's got a good Mommy!

Old 03-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #57
brtrude
shes a lunatic! lol shes got two out so far, 1 ok looking one that iv got in the incubator,and one slug! more still to come though

Old 03-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #58
MinLynn
OMG! Poor baby! I hope she's going to be okay(I'm sure she will be)but......that's just amazing!

Old 03-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #59
Quiet Tempest
That's incredible!

Old 03-08-2009, 07:47 PM   #60
Nanci
Can we PLEASE rename her Nadya??? Please???

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google