CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

...sigh! Fat Boy? or Gravid Gal?

Old 03-22-2009, 12:10 AM   #41
sierraherps
"Mr/Ms" Whytsnake update:

Well now... should be about any minute now... I can NOT believe how TINY her neck & head look compared to the rest of her TONAGE! lol But she retreated to her nesting box early yesterday and has not come out once since... She has refused food and you can actually SEE her body contracting in like waces~!~~ THIS SURELY MUST BE IT RIGHT?!?!?! (before I loose my mind AND drive the hubby NUTS!) LOL

I CAN HARDLY STAND IT!!! I have been laid up on the couch due to the bad weather, so I have had a birds eye view of her in her box... I think the combo of wine & excitment is lowering my pain!! WOOHOO ANOTHER PLUS! hehehehe

So... hopefully I will be counting eggs by morning! PLLLEEEAASSSSEEE!!!lol

Old 03-22-2009, 08:33 AM   #42
dizeedoo
I've been out of action too.... wondering if you've woken to eggs though?

Old 03-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #43
sierraherps
Well Howdy Di!
Gee... I missed you! And everyone else here some too! LOL Wonder where my "Mentor" is...
Anyways... it has now been over 3 days she has been in her laying box... Her spine has raised and I swear, if she gets even 1 millmeter fatter, she's gonna EXPLODE! lol Hubby keeps shaking his head and chuckling at me, cuz I keep checking on her and saying.."Poor Girl! I know you gotz to be so uncomfortable" and then I slowly message her head and TINY little neck... She seems to really love it, though hubby thinks Im nuts~! heheh What else is new right?! LOL

...........................sigh! Still waiting for the eggs though. ALthough my attention was captivated for a couple of days watching our Upper Keys mating! (Or as I so gently put it earlier...SCHMUCKIN!) Over a three day period they got "stuck together" no less than twice a day! Now poor "OB1" our only male... Is alone in a viv, not resting as I thought he would though! LOL He is RAREN TO GO AGAIN! lol

.........................sigh! Still waiting for the eggs though....

Loves and Snake Coilin Hugs Gal!
~Mary Ann

Old 03-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #44
sierraherps
NOTE TO MY MENTOR: DALE "JAZZGEEK"!
How are things going with you & yours? And by the way... do you play? I mean are you a musician? Just wondering...

Hugs and Snake Coilin hugs to you too Buddy!

~Mary Ann

Old 03-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #45
sierraherps
Wooooo F'nnn Hoooooo And Howdy Hanah High!!!

Well Di M'Dear... You were absolutely right in one of your earlier comments... Our ONE Male, the Motley Keys Boy Known as "OB" has just "STUCK IT" (literally) to our third and last adult female... NOT ONLY has he only had about 24 hour rest since SEVERAL copulations with Lil' Momma over a three day period... He NAILED "Katchiana" with in less than 15 minutes of putting them in the same viv!!!
The Hubs gets up around 5 am to get ready for work, so we decided to go ahead and trade "OB" out of the "Single" viv and put Lil'Momma in there now that she, I AM SURE is plenty DONE! And just "see" if He could or would have any interest in our poor nuerotic Motley Stripe 6 yr old female... (we did not have high hopes, as she has not, in her 6 yrs of life, 'proven' to be a very good breeder/producer... according to the "Since Birth" records that came with her) LMAO!!! Well... that is officially the SECOND TIME that OB has "SHOWED US!" lol
First we thought Whytsnake (for 4 yrs) was a MALE.... Boy Did our "OB" prove us WRONG on that one in short order!! And NOW... It would appear that the "6 yr old Gal we thought would prolly make a better pet to someone than a breeder... IS SHCMUCKIN HER BRAINS OUT WITH OB!!! Yep.... He is NOT one to be OUT DONE nor Told what's what! LMAO!
So see? You sent the GOOD VIBES this way when you said "He was a Lucky Guy having three pretty Ladies!" And WOOOO HOOOOO ! ! ! ! Eggs & pippies and eggs and pippies and eggs and pippies OH MY OH MY!!!

(.....wow! I do believe that this post definetly reveals my total and unabashed giddiness! ...well either that, or I am living proof that breeding snakes can revert a grown adult back into a WIDE EYED CHILD that can NOT wipe the silly grin off their face!!!)

Snake Coilin' Hugs All Around!!!
~Mary Ann

Old 03-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #46
bekers71
Congrats on the hook ups! But to increase the fertility of that male you should really give him a 2-3 day rest with no females. You can put him with her once every couple days then after hookup separate them and repeat in a couple days. This gives the female time to relax from being chased and the male time to rebuild the "swimmers". LOL Typically 2-3 hookups is all that's needed for success. Good luck and I'll look forward to your eggs!!

Old 03-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #47
dizeedoo
eggs....eggs... I want to see eggs!

I'm on tenderhooks so can only imagine how you're goin.

How adorable that she lets you gently massage her head and neck. After all.... for four years you've been calling her a him.... hahahaha.... and we mere mortal women complain of being misunderstood. Well - this is getting very exciting.

Believe me life is all too much doom and gloom not to appreciate some good old down to earth giddiness. Giddy-up I say.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #48
sierraherps
Thankx Beckers... The Gals and I are greatful for that piece of advice.. LOL But I gotta tell ya... Just keeping OB alone for 24 hours after 3 days with Lil Momma, WAS A NIGHTMARE! I don't think the Little sucker slept one minute! But he TORE UP the VIV,,, rearrainged EVERYTHING, managed somehow to dump the water... BENT the dang screen... and all of this was just because although Lil Momma was DONE and needed a rest... OB WAS NOT ! ! ! lmao

That's why we went ahead and put him in with the last female to be "woed". And I am NOT kidding... about 13 minutes after he joined Kat in the BIG viv... THEY WERE HOOKED!!!! I could NOT believe it! At least Lil Momma put up a bit of a chase and fight... LOL Katchy was obviously JUST as ready as OB thought he STILL WAS! LOL Soooo... without further a'due.... Some PICS!

1st up is our POOR MISERABLE, UNGODLY HUGE, MIS-SHAPENED, FULL WITH WHO KNOWS HOW MANY EGGS!!! She has not gotten out of her laying box now going on 4 days... Our "OB 1's" First 2009 SURPRISE Hook-up.

And now... THE SHCMUCKERS!! LOL
Our Studly, Upper Gigalo, Man of the HOUR for all three Girls...
"OB-1" (Oh-Be One) gets his long time mate... "Lil Momma" and she made him WORK for it everytime!!

This is us, TRYING to get OB to rest up for his next Woman... NOT!! lmao

That just made him want it all the more... This one was the 13 minutes in... AND HE WAS IN! LOL With Katchiana, the Motley Stripe... And in the last 4 hours... He has "stuck it to her" 2 more times!!!! This Guy Is A Flippen MACHINE! (although he didn't act like this with either of the others. WE WOULD HAVE NOTICED! LOL

.....................so cool!!! And it has been a great distraction while waiting for Whytsnake to pop those eggs out!!! And now... it appears... we will have a total of three clutches all together this season!!! Not bad for a 1st timer! WooHoo.... (if I wasn't such a nervous wreck..that is! LOL)

Old 03-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #49
sierraherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizeedoo View Post
eggs....eggs... I want to see eggs!

I'm on tenderhooks so can only imagine how you're goin.

Believe me life is all too much doom and gloom not to appreciate some good old down to earth giddiness. Giddy-up I say.

HAVE I TOLD YA HOW MUCH I LUVS YA TODAY WOMAN!?!?! You just so rock!

"Giddy-in Up Over Here!" LOL Yeeeeeeeee... HAAAAWWWWWwwwww!!

Old 03-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #50
Caryl
Congratulations on all those potential clutches. I hope by the time you read this that Whytsnake has laid hers, so you can quit anxiously awaiting that and anxiously await her pippies instead!

As for Becky's advice on improving your (lucky) male's fertility rate, you really ought to persist in that. Lots of frequent mating often means low sperm count, and lots of infertile eggs down the road. Consider making him take a break from copulating, even if he won't rest. That's kind of normal for a breeding male. You'll be more likely to get more babies if he's forced to wait a bit between service dates.

Good luck, in any case.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google