CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

...sigh! Fat Boy? or Gravid Gal?

Old 04-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #81
sierraherps
Arrow

Well... For those of you who have been keeping up with the whole
"Whytsnake Saga & On Going Drama", first let me thank You ALL from the bottom of my heart for all your kind words and thoughts. Also for all your time, support, advice & especially the gift of your personal experiences that you have so willingly shared with me! You all truly are a rare breed of Folks! And if I had known all I had to do to find ya all, was to "GET ME SOME CORNSNAKES TO RAISE AND BREED"... I would have been knee deep in Corns 20 yrs ago!

I have some news...

She has only laid a total of 9 eggs, begining with the first 6 eggs on Apr.7, & the last 1 egg on Apr 14th. She completed her "Post-Lay" shed just 2 days ago & for the first time in a few weeks, she was VERY ACTIVE, not just during the shed process, but for about an hour afterwards too.
In the last two days, I have filled her water dish 2 times! She is drinking enough for three snakes! Which, as I understand it, is a good thing, especially since she is STILL refusing ANY AND ALL food.

I don't have to tell you my friends, following Poor Brett and Dizz's story these past weeks is not only heartbreaking, but to me... SCARY TOO!
I already told ya all... I JUST CAN NOT HAVE ANOTHER LOSS THIS SOON TO PRINCESS! But... I am staying as positive as I can... and eveidently "calm" enough while around Whyt, cuz she used to squirm when ever I got her out, she now relaxes in my arms and wraps around my neck and waist when I "Message & attempt to Manipulate" those remaining eggs down closer to EXITING!

Now... there is good news also...

1st -
All nine eggs seem to be doing ok, the last egg, layed over a week after the first was the closest thing to "normal" of ALL her eggs so far! It was even WHITE! lol Although it is a strange kinda shape, but then ALL OF THEM ARE compared to the eggs I see posted here! LOL... To be serious, they all look like crap... but none have dented any further than they were at laying, there is no blue or green growing and NOTHING STINKS YET! LOL Kathy advised me that she has seen babies hatch out of some HORRID looking eggs & never gives up on an egg until it DOES STINK TO HIGH HEAVEN!

And 2nd -
Even though it is "VERY VISUALLY OBVIOUS" that she still has AT LEAST 6 to 9 eggs in her... They have dropped, and all but about 2, are now jammed up in a tight row together, and the row starts just a breath from her vent! I have been CLOSELY AND CONSTANTLY corresponding with Kathy Love, who I "KNOW".. KNOWS HER STUFF!! And today... IS THE DAY! I was able to slowly and gently adjust that first egg, to where I could see it through her vent this am. (Only a thick felt tip pen circle, but at least I know it's there!
This afternoon, I am going to attempt to "Extract That Egg", I was pretty nervous about it at first, but my confidance has grown more with each and every "message" I have given her. I realize that I may have "Repeat" this procedure once a day until we get all the remaining eggs out, but I am hoping that by removing a couple "STUCK" ones, she may be able to push a few out herself also!! Thinking Positive... I am learning QUICKLY how important a positive attitude can be... Both for the snakes "empathy" sake & for my own damn self too!

Sooo... If ya all could just one more time, keep me and Whytsnake in your thoughts, prayers or whatever POSITIVE powers you can send our way... We will hopefully get through this with out to much more "Drama" and bring this "Saga" to a happy ending!

LOVE YOU EACH AND EVERY ONE!!!
Mary Ann & Whytsnake!

Old 04-20-2009, 04:18 PM   #82
Caryl
I'm glad to hear you're staying postive. People on this site really are supportive, almost without exception. You and Whytsnake are in my thoughts.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #83
sierraherps
Exclamation

THANK YOU CARYL! And O M G ! It turns out we NEED TO BE IN A LOT OF PEOPLES THOUGHTS! I have already spoken to Kathy and sent her pictures... SHE HAS NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS~!
1st she popped out what looks like a "Siamese Egg".. Then while it was still attatched in her, she popped out a normal looking egg that rolled away as soon as it was out of her... 30 minutes later, out comes this even STRANGER looking egg complete with a "Sudo Placenta" and veins running "THROUGH" the shell... not ON TOP OF IT! And it is attatched to the Siamese double AND still attatched somehow inside of her... It has now been an hour... She has been resting, and it is ALL still attached to her vent. The double has turned a consistant color of yellow and the one single is STILL pink and VEINED! But the bleeding has stopped so it must have clotted alright on it's own.

PLEASE, pass this around to ALL the breeders and see if ANYONE has a clue WHAT THE H#!! is going on with my Girl!!!

Thankx in advance:

Old 04-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #84
Nanci
Looks like she has prolapsed her oviduct with eggs in it. You need to go to a vet immediately. This is an emergency.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #85
MinLynn
I agree. A vet visit is needed immediately! Oh my gosh! I'll keep you and whytsnake in my thoughts!

Old 04-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #86
sierraherps
OK...I called our regular Vet and they are calling in a favor... There is a Reptile Vet that retired here in Tahoe... But he can't get into the office untill after 4pm...... PRAY FOR us People.....PLEASE ! ! ! !

PS: 2 more NORMAL eggs just popped out on the outside of the bag...

Old 04-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #87
snakemad
fingers crossed that everything is going to be fine!

Old 04-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #88
sierraherps
Hey Nancy or anyone?... While I am waiting... If this is a prolapsed Oviduct... What exactly CAN they do to save her?
And just so you know... I am following Kathy's advice and keeping her in her laying box so she can't rip the sack on anything...Plus, it limits her movement somewhat as it is small...

More eggs are popping out around the outside of the bag! This is good right? cuz an hour ago, I could still feel 9 or more eggs up inside her... Besides the three in the bag, she has now expelled 4 normal ones OUTSIDE the bag... They are in the incubator even though they prolly are not viable... For now anyways.. THATS WHERE THEIR GOING TILL WE KNOW FOR SURE!

"Trying NOT to panic, I have stopped crying now... and am ready FOR THIS ALL TO BE OK! ! ! ! !
~Mary Ann

Old 04-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #89
Nanci
I don't know the answer. I guess my first instinct is to put her on moist paper towels, to keep the area clean, but if she is still laying, then I might leave her in her lay box so as to not upset her further.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #90
Nanci
Be prepared for your snake to need surgery, and for her to probably not be able to mate again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google