CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Carol's Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Carol's Corner Just a place to park this year's breeding plans and progress, come take a look and see what I have cooking!

Happy Birthday Carol

Old 01-19-2011, 05:23 AM   #21
Nanci
Well, my e-mail is provided by Windstream. I choose not to leave it on the server- it gets deleted from the server when I DL it. So then it is only on my laptop. _If_ I left it on the server, there is a limit, and I would reach it in just a few weeks.

Once the initial back-up is done, then it's easy to keep it up to date- the back-up just runs in the background. The bad thing with using something like an external drive for back-up is they all fail, too! Both of mine have- losing all my music...

Old 01-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #22
Gronk
Carol....

I make folders on my HDD and save a lot of emails there. With Comcast, once you read an email <i.e. download it> to your computer, it's "gone" from their server. So between the folders I lost on a dead HDD about a year ago and a transfer issue with my Comcast Inbox right around Christmas I've lost a bunch.

I'm now using Windows 7 at home and it no longer comes with Outlook Express etc. I use Windows Live for my emails and it seems Comcast no longer wipes the Inbox...sigh & sheesh. So maybe it's "better" now....<G>.

In any case didn't mean to derail the thread <smile>.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google