CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

My Corn Is "Potty Trained"

Old 08-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #91
starsevol
You need to come too!!!

Old 08-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #92
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
You need to come too!!!
My heart and soul will be there.
But I hope you guys do the ""live feed"" like last year of the dinner raffle.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #93
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn View Post
My heart and soul will be there.
But I hope you guys do the ""live feed"" like last year of the dinner raffle.
Well, I don't know if Taylor will be there, and Robbie has another engagement that night. He has to emcee for the auction, and can't be at the dinner. Those were the 2 guys that did it last year as I recall.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #94
Lennycorn
Quote:
Well, I don't know if Taylor will be there, and Robbie has another engagement that night. He has to emcee for the auction, and can't be at the dinner. Those were the 2 guys that did it last year as I recall.
Hey I heard that. I hope someone can step up.
But who could replace the Robster!!!! lol

Old 08-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #95
starsevol
I think Autumn is doing it. I think she will be quite good.

But I will miss Robs and his enthusiasm. He bounces like Tigger!

Old 08-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #96
Lennycorn
Quote:
I think Autumn is doing it. I think she will be quite good.

But I will miss Robs and his enthusiasm. He bounces like Tigger!

Oh good!!
But yes....he is like Tigger!!! LOL

Old 08-10-2011, 11:44 PM   #97
Shiari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinata View Post
Here's evidence. Ever handled a snake before you fed it? Most won't eat right after,correct? Yep, that's stress.

Actually, most of my snakes I feed WHILE holding them. They have no issues. The only ones I don't do this to are the brand new hatchlings as I want them used to the house first. I've had to answer the door before with a snake wrapped around my arm, 'happily' working down a f/t mouse.

We don't handle after because sudden high activity after a large meal can cause vomiting. This happens in cats, dogs, and people as well. Actually, in dogs it can go even a step further and cause their stomach to actually *flip* which is often fatal.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #98
Carinata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Actually, most of my snakes I feed WHILE holding them. They have no issues. The only ones I don't do this to are the brand new hatchlings as I want them used to the house first. I've had to answer the door before with a snake wrapped around my arm, 'happily' working down a f/t mouse.

We don't handle after because sudden high activity after a large meal can cause vomiting. This happens in cats, dogs, and people as well. Actually, in dogs it can go even a step further and cause their stomach to actually *flip* which is often fatal.
Cornsnakes right? As a general rule, handling should be avoided before and after feeding as stress can cause a snake to not eat or to regurge.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #99
Carinata
As a defense mechanism snakes regurge, under stress a snake regurges to allow themselves to move quicker to evade predation. But that's not stress related right?

Old 08-11-2011, 12:09 AM   #100
Shiari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinata View Post
As a defense mechanism snakes regurge, under stress a snake regurges to allow themselves to move quicker to evade predation. But that's not stress related right?
Dogs and cats do that too. They also void their bowels and bladder as a stress response.

It's NOT JUST or ONLY a stress response. It can also be pure and simple nausea.

And yes, I was talking about corn snakes, once again in a thread ABOUT corn snakes.

As a rule of thumb, snakes should not be handled after feeding to give them time to digest, as the added activity and/or stress can cause a regurge. Handling before has only prevented eating in one of my snakes, and he is such a stress case over all that he is almost never handled unless I am doing a health check on him. He even gets the bottom bin in the rack system as he is 'happiest' there.

I could go and handle Lacy, Liam, Tor, Dier, Mal, Es', El', What-The, Heck, Keeper, Vanay, Nautley, Mari, Brin, OR Lesh and have them all eat after, and from my fingers, and keep eating in my hands.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google