CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

My Corn Is "Potty Trained"

Old 08-09-2011, 11:57 PM   #61
Carinata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
You can't just say "snakes in general". It's like saying that dogs are vicious. I could say 'snakes are picky feeders' or 'snakes are really calm'.

You are on a corn snake forum on a thread about corn snakes, and you're telling this person that her snake is horribly stressed out by handling... When the majority of corns do fine with handling.

And as to the moisture loss... way to make a mountain out of a molehill. Snakes are capable of doing this thing known as "drinking" and they do this to a substance called "water". "Water" is routinely provided in their viv/tub/bin/cage/whathaveyou for them to partake of, ad lib.
Yes, an animal can drink. But when you're soaking a snake so often and stressing it like that it's not going to really to calm it down and be comfortable enough to drink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
Right now she is working IN THE FIELD. You know, like studying animals in a natural environment? And believe it or not, in nature there are quite a few species too!! Species that she gets to observe, and you know...study.. in their natural surroundings!!!
That's great, I think that's awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Wright View Post
I wouldn't touch the animals from the people he works for with a 10-foot-pole. I don't care how "cutting edge" they are. I'd rather get my snakes from people I can trust.

Any information about your schedule/collection I got from your posts, son.

I'd also like to add that this is a CORN SNAKE forum, this thread is discussing CORN SNAKES. If you want to talk about "other species" then go somewhere else to talk about them.

EDIT: Awesome post Shiari!!
Yep, I work 3 jobs, but it's all about time management. Because I still manage to take care of my animals very well and I have never had someone make a negative comment about an animal they received from me. I don't care of you don't like who I work for, there's always that person that is willing to drop buy our animals...

Old 08-10-2011, 12:00 AM   #62
Shiari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinata View Post
Yes, an animal can drink. But when you're soaking a snake so often and stressing it like that it's not going to really to calm it down and be comfortable enough to drink.

Yup. And my corns are so stressed by handling that they NEVER drink. / sarcasm

A quick bath is not going to stress a snake to the point of refusing to drink, especially if only done once a week. Stop making stuff up.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #63
ratsncorns
Quote:
Ok, congratulations! You have credentials, that's wonderful. I can just tell you from my experience and people who have been in the field over 25 years will agree with me.
List them.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #64
Lennycorn
Maybe this is a tad off topic but ....this has nothing to do with the OP or title and maybe a new thread should be started.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:05 AM   #65
ratsncorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
David, just because you have spent the past year scooping poop for a flipper does not make you the be all and end all of snake keeping.....
Let him ride his high horse. Hes still having fun.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:05 AM   #66
Em Wright
Quote:

Folks, don't hold or soak your snakes or they'll refuse to drink water! Now that is truly ridiculous.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #67
Carinata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Yup. And my corns are so stressed by handling that they NEVER drink. / sarcasm

A quick bath is not going to stress a snake to the point of refusing to drink, especially if only done once a week. Stop making stuff up.
Ok I'm going to finish this right now. I think tampering with a snake when you think it's going to poop and soaking when you think it's going to poop is stressful and so does any other reptile enthusiast. It is stressful to the animal, and that's that. On the note of handling, weekly handling is fine, with certain species be-weekly handling is fine, anymore than that and the animals will get stressed, in my opinion. I am a straight shooter, and that's what I do, I don't sugar coat anything. None of the people that inquired, or bought animals from me this season were taken aback by the way I talk. I have never had this issue on any other forum, so I don't see what I'm doing wrong here?

Old 08-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #68
ratsncorns
So I saw a rat snake the other day soaking in the river. It must be stressed out from sitting in the water so long.

Oh, and that cali king I saw two days ago that was just chillin in my hand, not musking (which would be a sign of stress), probably thought I was going to eat him. I did find a rattler today that was eaten though.. RIP

Old 08-10-2011, 12:11 AM   #69
Carinata
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsncorns View Post
So I saw a rat snake the other day soaking in the river. It must be stressed out from sitting in the water so long.

Oh, and that cali king I saw two days ago that was just chillin in my hand, not musking (which would be a sign of stress), probably thought I was going to eat him.
I don't understand what you people don't understand! It's freaking beyond me! It's the human influence that stresses the animals. If a snake freely soaks for 3 days, that's it's business, but when it is forced to sit in water, that's when an issue arises. And sure Cali King sitting in your hand, that's fantastic, but does that represent all the snakes out there?

Old 08-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #70
Shiari
So I'm not a reptile enthusiast? Well color me carnelian, here I was sure that I am very much fond of reptiles and love learning about them and their care. In fact, one might say I'm ... enthusiastic about the subject!

And Beth isn't an ethusiast? Or Em? Or Lenny? I'll bet Nanci and Eric aren't either then!

I'll be a straight shooter too. Right now you are full of what you scoop for that flipper.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google