CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

So Peach is now Amaretto?

Old 05-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #71
dave partington
Good points Susan.
I wonder if it's even a good idea to slap a trade name on an f2 combination of genes. Several different clutches of the same genetic/trait carrying offspring can be hatched and there will be a great amount of variation between individuals. Would it not be better to save 'trade names' for f4/f5 line bred and higher? I have a couple of Tequila Sunrise from different breeders, and they do not look much like each other. I think another breeder was working with some of the same genes/traits of TS but called their line 'Blushing', and they were distinctively different looking. Whereas 'Landrace Lava' is consistently either the dark red form, or the more orangey form which is often het sunkissed. Then I wonder if there should be LLa and LLb, to denote the differences. Cayenne is consistently Cayenne. No variation. Either it is a solid colored snake, or it is not. There is no "close enough". Have you noticed lately how many Tesseras have no tessellation ?

Old 05-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #72
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinata View Post
Look up some of these morphs- Banana, Crystal, Mystic Potion, Killer Clown, Mimosa, and for kicks, Tiger Orange Dream.
Meh. Still all brown-yellow-black-gray snakes. Now _maybe_ if there was a bloodred BP!!

Old 05-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #73
Carinata
If you like diffusion try the Bumble Bee Shatter!

Old 05-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #74
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Meh. Still all brown-yellow-black-gray snakes. Now _maybe_ if there was a bloodred BP!!
LOL!!! See, I'm not the only one!! I mean, they are pretty enough I guess, but colubrids just do it BETTER!!!
Course Nanci is pretty much the Queen of the bloodreds anyway.

edited to add, of course coming to a corn forum and trying to impress up with balls...isn't that rather like going to a BMW forum and trying to get them to drive Porches? (Bad analogy I know...)

Old 05-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #75
Drizzt80
Just a little personal history/thoughts. I named the Platinum corn . . . original came from Rich as a Ghost Charcoal (full genetics unknown at the time) . . . due to the length of a triple homo snake - Anery Charcoal Hypo and the fact that it was more silvery than either a Ghost or Phantom. Looking back, I probably should have stuck with a ghostier name, but liked Platinum and I was tired of calling them Phantom Anery's. Jay & PJ named the quad homo version Amel Anery Charcoal Hypo snakes Powders because of the powdery appearance at hatching and it retains some of that as it matures. (I really love my Powder, so much more striking than both the Snow and Blizzard.)

Other than that, I prefer to use genetic names over trade names for most morphs for various reasons. For example I don't use Plasma or Fire but prefer Lavender Blood and Amel Blood respectively. I don't use Diffuse either for that matter.

Susan (and KJ . . . who hasn't disappeared) pretty much hit the nail on the head. Use what you want. What's the use complaining about the topic if you don't like what's used when you can use the genetic terms if that's to your liking or the trade names if they are to you liking? (Of course you have every right to complain if you want.) If you're too lazy/busy/distracted to keep up with the trade names, use the genetic names and be done with it.

And, irregardless, the reality is the market will ultimately decide.
D80

Old 05-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #76
Carinata
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
LOL!!! See, I'm not the only one!! I mean, they are pretty enough I guess, but colubrids just do it BETTER!!!
Course Nanci is pretty much the Queen of the bloodreds anyway.

edited to add, of course coming to a corn forum and trying to impress up with balls...isn't that rather like going to a BMW forum and trying to get them to drive Porches? (Bad analogy I know...)
My Balls always impress! You just need to see pictures. LMFAO!
Oh I crack myself up.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #77
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinata View Post
My Balls always impress! You just need to see pictures. LMFAO!
Oh I crack myself up.
Yeah yeah you're a regular Red Skelton

(seriously laughed out loud here...)

Old 05-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #78
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post

LOOK BETH!!!

Old 05-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #79
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
YUPYUP!!!!! They do it just like that!!!!
And balls just kind of do it like THIS

brownbrownbrown[/color][/color]

Old 05-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #80
Carinata
Did you click the link, Beth?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google