CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

So Peach is now Amaretto?

Old 05-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #81
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinata View Post
Did you click the link, Beth?
Yeah, that's the sad part of this whole thing!
Colubrids rule, balls drool!!

Old 05-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #82
Reptilekyle64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
Just a little personal history/thoughts. I named the Platinum corn . . . original came from Rich as a Ghost Charcoal (full genetics unknown at the time) . . . due to the length of a triple homo snake - Anery Charcoal Hypo and the fact that it was more silvery than either a Ghost or Phantom. Looking back, I probably should have stuck with a ghostier name, but liked Platinum and I was tired of calling them Phantom Anery's. Jay & PJ named the quad homo version Amel Anery Charcoal Hypo snakes Powders because of the powdery appearance at hatching and it retains some of that as it matures. (I really love my Powder, so much more striking than both the Snow and Blizzard.)

Other than that, I prefer to use genetic names over trade names for most morphs for various reasons. For example I don't use Plasma or Fire but prefer Lavender Blood and Amel Blood respectively. I don't use Diffuse either for that matter.

Susan (and KJ . . . who hasn't disappeared) pretty much hit the nail on the head. Use what you want. What's the use complaining about the topic if you don't like what's used when you can use the genetic terms if that's to your liking or the trade names if they are to you liking? (Of course you have every right to complain if you want.) If you're too lazy/busy/distracted to keep up with the trade names, use the genetic names and be done with it.

And, irregardless, the reality is the market will ultimately decide.
D80
Well said, and your more on topic then the rest of these people

Old 05-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #83
dave partington
but Bethy, they're just like cornsnakes. see!!!

Old 05-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #84
airenlow
Are those hybirds too, Dave???

Old 05-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #85
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
but Bethy, they're just like cornsnakes. see!!!
LOL!!! Maybe I be colorblinded, I just cain't see it!!!

Old 05-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #86
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
LOL!!! Maybe I be colorblinded, I just cain't see it!!!

Me neither!!!

I'll stick to being blind.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #87
steve roylance
I agree about the Balls. All the different morphs are for the most part, different shades of brown. No likey

Old 05-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #88
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve roylance View Post
I agree about the Balls. All the different morphs are for the most part, different shades of brown. No likey
And whenever I find one I like, usually the silvery ones, it's always the $25k type...Who has that kind of money for a snake??

I'm kind of glad, in a way, that even the newest corn morphs are for the most part now affordable to nearly anyone who REALLY wants one.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #90
starsevol
The first one is ok...not great. Colors no where near bright enough.
The next 2 are brown brown brown.
That last one is nowhere near orange, it's yellow and any butter corn can put that shade of yellow to shame....

Sorry kid.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google