CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

My own little controversial topic... Just how "weird" are we?!

Old 02-14-2007, 12:06 AM   #61
Tula_Montage
Why did I ask!

I'll be rocking in my little corner unable to sleep forever Trevor... Grrrrrr

Old 02-14-2007, 12:17 AM   #62
tyflier
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartsock
LOL, I hadn't thought of that. A midlife crisis at 34. That seems to be what it might be. You know some guys get motorcycles, some get sportcars, others have affairs or get the 19 year old girlfriend, lol I went snake crazy. I guess it isn't a problem until I make my teenager move in with her younger sister so I can have her room for more snakes. LOL, hmmmm... where is that tape measure..???
Hmmm...I'm 33 and recently divorced, so I think this August, when I turn 34, I might just have to follow the Pastor's advice and try all of the above.

Thanks for the advice, Pastor!! just kidding...I won't hold you responsible

Old 02-14-2007, 04:28 PM   #63
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticknives
unfortunately......

i love curling.

I have no idea why, I think it's something in the water.

seriously, no matter what they say, Canadians all seem to secretly love curling. I think our government is practicing mind control....
Why there aren't any stories of undocumented Canucks in the USA, being illegally put to work as housekeepers is beyond me.

I mean, think of all the sweeping that could take place.

regards,
jazz

Old 02-14-2007, 04:46 PM   #64
plasticknives
I think it's mostly that it's really amusing to watch them yelling...

"HURRYYYYY........ HURRYYY! HARD!!!! HURRYYY! HURRYHARD!!!!"

you think it's it's entertaining too, come on.

I'm not really sure it qualifies as a SPORT, but i still think it's fun. It's like, extreme lawn bowling with brooms. And
shots like these are why i can't mock curlers.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:51 PM   #65
plasticknives
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticknives
I think it's mostly that it's really amusing to watch them yelling...

"HURRYYYYY........ HURRYYY! HARD!!!! HURRYYY! HURRYHARD!!!!"

you think it's it's entertaining too, come on.

I'm not really sure it qualifies as a SPORT, but i still think it's fun. It's like, extreme lawn bowling with brooms. And
shots like these are why i can't mock curlers.
I forgot to add: it's even BETTER when they yell with a Newfie accent.
good thing most people who are good at curling seem to be from newfoundland.
wayyy more entertaining than golf.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:07 PM   #66
Pat GC
Hmmmm, Let's see--I'm a Christian, a Pastor in fact. I have hair and a beard. No tatoos-thing about needles!!! Don't like bugs, especially flying with stingers. Arachs are especially disliked. Living in TX I'm always on guard!!! My Reptiles Mag is delivered to the Church along with my frozen Rodent orders and any critters I have sent to me. And I keep around 70 snakes!!!! Am I normal???? Who knows what normal is!!!! Shalom Y'all!!!!!

Pat G-C

Old 02-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #67
SPJ

Old 02-14-2007, 06:11 PM   #68
Susan
I'm really not bothered by too many critters, and the people I work with know this. Several of them have corns I've produced so my snakes and my hobby are well tolerated. Working in a vets office doesn't hurt. However, one of the ladies I work with is phobic about frogs and rats. Needless to say, the small cruel streak I have (plus some encouragement from the doctor) did put a well-posed, dead jumbo rat on the washing machine. But when it comes to the bug world, most everyone there are cowards and come literally screaming to me to deal with the spider, cockroach, maggot ridden wound, or tick infested pet. I've gotten a bit "oogy" about actually squishing ticks since my children have been born, but I'm also intolerant of some perfumes now as well. However, there is one critter I've seen occasionally that really creeps me out...the mole cricket. Pictures can only give you a hint of how creepy they are. Those that have actually seen these things in person can verify just how well they could give a person nightmares!

Old 02-14-2007, 07:09 PM   #69
Shade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan

I think it's kind of cute, in an otherworldly destroyer mech kind of way.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #70
Mrs InsaneOne
I'm not weird... I'm stark raving mad - but most just call me insane.

Most of our neighbors know nothing of our snakes, because I'd worry that some of the uh... more unpleasant ones would be tempted to breakin in and kill/maim/steal them. Yes, we live near people like that. If you don't believe me, well one of my previous neighbors and myself have caught several of the 14, 15, and 16 yr olds in this park (and some of the 12 and 13 yr olds too) beating up 4 and 5 year old children. Not jsut pushing them around mind, beating them up. Needless to say our children don't play with the children in this park. Disgusting.

I don't work, been out on worker's comp for 4 yrs due to falling off a truck one day (not fun) but my family knows we keep snakes, at least some of them do, and my daughters IST (Independant Study Teacher) knows we keep snakes and is actually contemplating purchasing one of our babies in the near future.

So, the only time I run into the people who are offended by my choice of pet are the customers at the local PetSmart when I take in a new purchase or bring in one to show off. lol. Some are thrilled to see a snake and others treat me like I have the plague.

Oh well, doesn't bother me that much - I was crazy to begin with remember? lol

Jenn

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google