CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

So What's Your Snake(s) Called?

Old 08-02-2007, 03:27 PM   #61
Jillie
Wink

My two little babies are called "Flakes" a year old Amel, and my ickle "Murphy" a 4mth old Carolina.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:41 PM   #62
mommyof2
Eddy is my only snake so far. He was named that because he has a perfect scissor pattern on his head(Edward Scissorhands). And hopefully soon I'll get a breeding pair...their names will be Bonnie and Clyde.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #63
dionythicus
Here's the Alpha order list, and some explanations. Some defy explanation:

Achtung: creamsicle link to the story behind the name

http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthr...hlight=achtung

Aero: (daughter of Bruneaux and Hugo) amel
Axiom: cream
Babushka: Russian ratsnake
Batou: BP (from Ghost in the Shell)
Beasley: normal poss het ghost bloodred (from the Pink Martini song)
Bella Luna: Honduran ratsnake het silver
Belladonna: MBK
Bruneaux: amel
Bumblebee: BP
Calcifer: amel mot (from Howl's Moving Castle)
Chartreuse: snow with greenish/yellow borders
Cooper: cream
Cosmo: Miami (short for Cosmopolis)
Cranberry: bloodred
Daffyd (pronounced Davith): motley (from Little Brittain skit)
Dagger de Mort: amel (from Bleeding Goths doll of the same name)
Dallas: Texas bullsnake/Okeetee cornsnake cross ( my brother lives in Dallas)
Dandelion: amel
Deliliah: Okeetee
Deuel: aztec Okeetee-esque (name for Pete Deuel, the actor)
Dokuro: sunkissed (Japanese for head or skull)
Dubloon: butter mot (total freebie, I figured it was a hidden treasure when I got it)
Dune: KSB
Durango: normal (same colours as the mountains around Durango, CO)
Elvis: California King (need I say more?)
EMF: ghost (named for ghost hunting equipment)
EVP: ghost (named for ghost hunting equipment)
Frau Blucher: BP (snappy at first, named from Young Frankenstein)
Freight Train: rootbeer (looks like she has railroad tracks down her neck and she came charging through an early photo like a, well, freight train)
Fuu: normal stripe (from Samurai Champloo)
Fydeaux: amel (daughter of Bruneaux and Hugo)
Gantz: butter (just watch the anime Gantz and you'll get the butter dog thing)
Guadalupe: anery with crosses on her sides (Our Lady of Whatever)
Haka: banded Okeetee (Japanese for family grave site)
Hazel: caramel
Hugo: normal (biggest corn I have, hence huge-o)
Hydra: aztev Okeetee-esque
Igor: Russian ratsnake
Immaculata: anery
Jetta: normal
Kiowa: Emoryi
Leafe: sunkissed (from Pretear)
Leela: grey band king (has one eye, y'know, like the chick in Futurama...)
Lil Iodine: normal mot (the colour of iodine and it was my mother's nickname as a little kid)
Lolita Mana: anery stripe (I'm into the whole Japanese Lolita thing and the idea of visual kei)
Mahna Mahna: normal aztec (you should get that one)
Maia: normal motley (from the main character of Richard Adam's book)
Matches: normal banded
Medusa: 50/50 California king
Mercury: Baird's
Moose: rootbeer (has moose antlers on her head marking)
Motoko Kusanagi: het ghost bloodred (from Ghost in the Shell)
Myfanwy (pronounced Mi-fawn-way): normal motley (see Daffyd, above)
Ophelia: jungle
Pinoko: normal (from anime Blackjack)
Platinum: pewter
Pocky: reverse Okeetee, suspicious that he's a super corn (I love Pocky candy!)
Pompeii: Okeetee het lava
Primer: Charcoal
Princess: lavender California King
Punkin: amel
Puppy: milksnake phase, possibly upper keys influence?
Rascal: opal
Rusty: hypo bullsnake
Sampson: normal poss het ghost bloodred (see Beasley, above)
Scorpio: bloodred
Séance: ghost
Shimmer: snow stripe
Shiro: snow (Japanese for white)
Silverbullet: pewter (I'm HUGE into werewolves)
Sneaky Snake: rootbeer (from the Tom T. Hall song)
Sphynx: BP
Thor: KSB
Tobin: banded
Toffee: caramel
Togusa: BCI (from Ghost in the Shell)
Tortie: dilute rootbeer (I thought she was a cinnamon when I bought her, and we have a tortie cat named Cinnamonn so I thougt naming a cinnamon Tortie would be funny)
Ume: lavender (Japanese for plum)
Unnamed: pretty obvious
Vesuvius: lava (also pretty obvious, but for different reasons)
Vienna: BP
Zero: unusual anery

Old 08-03-2007, 12:15 AM   #64
Annihilation-
i named my normal joe...because his calm, laid back temperment reminds me alot of my cusin who killed himself...

Old 08-04-2007, 01:49 AM   #65
jaxom1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxom1957
Jethro (Okeetee): Mark Harmon's character on "NCIS"
Abby (Okeetee): Pauley Perrette's character on "NCIS"
McGee (normal): Sean Murray's character on "NCIS"
Hazel (normal)
Philbert (normal)
How did I leave off Mrs. Muir, my 05 ghost girl? Hmmm....

Surprise new additions this week are Viggo, Pasha, Sabra and Tiny Dancer, four stunning creamsicle stripe/cubes from Shane Ebert. As Pasha and Sabra might have tipped off, one of my guilty pleasures is, "So You Think You Can Dance" Tiny Dancer is an homage to Elton John that fit the theme, and Viggo is, obviously, Viggo Mortensen. He is one of the most uniquely beautiful men of all time, and his namesake is a uniquely beautiful snake. The four almost got stuck with much more mundane names, but I finally got some caffeine in my system and the brain leaped back to life.

Coming later this month are Ziva, Cashew and Capt. Gregg, all of which directly relate to other snakes I listed previously, as well as Prymaat, Beldar and DeCicco, a theme unto themselves.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:14 AM   #66
Kilala
I'm sure everyone who's ever seen my threads knows this, but my little female normal is named Cornflakes. Not sure when she hatched, but she's about 20 inches long and 40 grams.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:42 AM   #67
Plissken
My cornsnake cross is named Connor, after a character from a TV show. My baby rainbow boa is named Willow, after a character from the same show.

My python's name is Chester, after a musician I am a fan of.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:54 AM   #68
suecornish
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxom1957
How did I leave off Mrs. Muir, my 05 ghost girl? Hmmm....

Coming later this month are Ziva, Cashew and Capt. Gregg, all of which directly relate to other snakes I listed previously, as well as Prymaat, Beldar and DeCicco, a theme unto themselves.
If Mrs. Muir is a ghost what is Capt. Gregg? Oh, let me guess - another ghost. That is my favorite love story.

My new snakes are Bolivian Short Tail Boas: the female is Ashookie which is Wapamnoague Indian and means snake and the male is Skog which is Abenaki Indian and means snake.

I have three new corns coming but I haven't gotten names for them yet.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:41 PM   #69
GillyMonster
No reason for my madness one is named Blackjack he is black white and silver in color and Natasha because I love Russian girl names.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #70
Matthew
All of mine are in my signature, but I can throw a quick explanation to them (not like a few of them need it).

Tootse - I tend to call things that are dear to me, 'tootse'. One day, I was showing her off to my 6 year old cousin and she asked what her name was. I told her she didn't have a name yet. I proceeded to call the snake 'tootse' about 3 times doing the course of the handling session, so Jacey suggested I call her 'Tootse'. The name stuck, I guess.

Duckey - Heh, I've tried changing him name multiple times, but I always go back to Duckey. The people who had him before me called him that (their daughter had a thing for ducks). *shrugs*

Kebechet - Egyptian goddess that often took the form of a Snake. One of my favorite 'little known' goddesses from Egypt. So, a beautiful snake got a beautiful name.

Hephaestus - His coloring reminds me of molten metal, and since Hephaestus was the Greek God of fire and forge, voila. He was easy to name.

Dantess - Yeah, my sister named this one. She's got a thing for Jim Caviezel (sp?) and her favorite movie with him in it is The Count of Monte Cristo. Poor little snow... But hey, if it'll get her more into snakes, so be it.

Schlampe - Our German exchange student named this one after she saw the Rosy sample 4 out of 5 appendages on my left hand. It translates to b**ch. If you've checked out my Myspace page, that'd be why I was wearing a surgical glove in the picture. I'd had enough of removing Rosy from my fingers for one night. I found it very suitable, so I kept it. Haha...

And that's all. Nothing poetic about me, I'm afraid.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google