CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

They like each other

Old 02-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #61
RainbowMary
And I don't think what has helped this thread and why you may feel people are being "mean" is no offense but you have quite a childish and hostile "I'm not listening and I don't give a crap what all of your say because your all just out to get me" attitude and its giving you really bad feedback, you'd only gotten TWO civil but instantly concerned replies and you instantly went into the defensive and started putting down the forum...............not exactly a good way to go about it.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #62
Jrgh17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn7 View Post
But they aren't going to eat each other! I'm not the first person to have done this and Im definitely not the last..
You're right, you're not the first person, and you DEFINITELY won't be the last. And every single person, repeat: EVERY SINGLE PERSON, that has ever had cannabalism occur has said: "But they aren't going to eat eachother!"

Quote:
My attitude doesnt suck - I'm just tired of hearing the same thing over and over again when I have said 30 times that they will se separated very soon - why cant we leave it a that.
How about we try a little experiment? Do a search for "cohab". Particularly take a look at threads which show actual acts of cannibalism, and past threads started by people who cohab. I particularly think this thread is relevant, because the snakes were in transport and were only being kept together for a short time.

If you think you're tired of hearing that cohab is a bad idea, just think of how tired everyone else is of saying it. You'll also notice in those threads that no one is being mean to you by any standards. In fact, people are saying they understand your situation, because EVERYONE has money concerns, and if you didn't get an attitude, it wouldn't be a big deal.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:15 AM   #63
Taryn7
How does one actaully know the snakes are stressed at being together?

They cant talk - so how would we know?

Old 02-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #64
Messorius
Quote:
How does one actaully know the snakes are stressed at being together?

They cant talk - so how would we know?
Decades of pet owners, breeders and herpetologists observing them in captivity and the wild(AKA research)?

Old 02-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #65
Taryn7
Ya - but how do we know that my 3 are at this point - stressed?

Old 02-27-2008, 11:56 AM   #67
Jrgh17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWGarland View Post
I linked to that one too.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:20 PM   #68
Messorius
Quote:
Ya - but how do we know that my 3 are at this point - stressed?
My previous comment pretty much answers this question. Decades of pet owners, breeders and herpetologists observing them in captivity and the wild(AKA research).

I really just think you're looking for a pat on the head and approval/blank cheque for doing something you know is wrong(and compounding it by chucking another snake into the mix). I see it in every pet forum and community I'm a member of, just like people who think it's "cute" to let their cats around birds or rodents because they "like" each other. You could have avoided any disapproval AND gotten a thumbs up if you had seperated ASAP and then told people about fixing your problem.

I don't even HAVE my first snake yet and I know cohabbing is bad.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:21 PM   #69
Taryn7
But I'm asking how you know they are STRESSED...

That little guy was hungry.. And the case of cannibalism in corn snakes is extremely rare - as stated in that link - it was his first ever case..v

Old 02-27-2008, 12:30 PM   #70
Taryn7
Ok this is getting really old - how many times must I say they are BEING SEPERATED.

I just want to know these things - there is no harm in asking.

And I am not seperating them because I'm worried about them being eaten or even stress. I am seperating because I want to know he is popping and when they do. Otherwise I'd keep them together.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google