CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Official Daytona 2008 Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 06:10 PM   #41
norm
Nanci - buy nothing? Are you serious. You must be going for the atmosphere then. I want to get a pic w/ you by the way if we end up there at the same time.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #42
Nanci
Last year I wasn't into corns so much, I was into cool one-of-a-species eclectic pretty snakes. I was sort of looking at cherryhead torts, but didn't have an enclosure and don't believe in keeping torts in the house. I had read the basic requirements of a bearded dragon, but wasn't really looking for one. Then I saw Isabel...(Shoot, if I'd known how cool she was then I'd have paid twice as much for her!) (Which, come to think of it, in vet bills, I have! Three times as much!) It's kind of overwhelming. First of all, there are all these famous breeders, WITH their babies! There are famous snakes, too, noteably at Rob Stevens'. I had enough fun following Katie around and encouraging her to buy everything! Plus Dave hung out with us, and other people came and went. There's time to make your way around carefully once, then go back to the places you wanted to buy at. By 5:00 or whenever it closes, I still didn't feel like I'd seen everything. Now Joe has a different strategy. He maps out the breeders he wants to visit and races around to their tables to get first pick. Anyway, I won't say I absolutely wouldn't buy a corn, but there would only be a couple things that would interest me, either second females for either my opal stripe project or my avalanche stripe project, or a gorgeous male Miami mot. Or you never know what I might see at Rich Z's, Rich Hume's, Don Soderburg's or Rob Stevens'. Probably nothing I could afford...So just call me or Katie when you get there, and we'll tell you where to find us!

Old 08-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #43
ArpeggioAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Last year I wasn't into corns so much, I was into cool one-of-a-species eclectic pretty snakes. I was sort of looking at cherryhead torts, but didn't have an enclosure and don't believe in keeping torts in the house. I had read the basic requirements of a bearded dragon, but wasn't really looking for one. Then I saw Isabel...(Shoot, if I'd known how cool she was then I'd have paid twice as much for her!) (Which, come to think of it, in vet bills, I have! Three times as much!) It's kind of overwhelming. First of all, there are all these famous breeders, WITH their babies! There are famous snakes, too, noteably at Rob Stevens'. I had enough fun following Katie around and encouraging her to buy everything! Plus Dave hung out with us, and other people came and went. There's time to make your way around carefully once, then go back to the places you wanted to buy at. By 5:00 or whenever it closes, I still didn't feel like I'd seen everything. Now Joe has a different strategy. He maps out the breeders he wants to visit and races around to their tables to get first pick. Anyway, I won't say I absolutely wouldn't buy a corn, but there would only be a couple things that would interest me, either second females for either my opal stripe project or my avalanche stripe project, or a gorgeous male Miami mot. Or you never know what I might see at Rich Z's, Rich Hume's, Don Soderburg's or Rob Stevens'. Probably nothing I could afford...So just call me or Katie when you get there, and we'll tell you where to find us!
Nanci said it all! LOL!!
I have been known to buy from the big breeders as well as lesser knowns. Last year I went in with snakes already on hold with Lee Abbott and others I had in mind to purchase from certain people. I think I came home with like 13 snakes last year...something like that!

This year - only thing on my list are the San Luis Potosi kingsnakes - but I am the first to admit - I will purchase anything that catches my eye!

I am really excited to see that Don Soderberg will have a table this year. He wasn't on the vendor list as of yesterday - but after the thread with KJUN about the Teressa snakes and then emailing Don directly - I have found that he will be vending this year.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:51 PM   #44
kathylove
WOW! That's a first! Don always comes, but never vends. He said he will definitely have a table there? I will look forward to it!

I almost always get a keeper or two (or more) each year from Rob and Louise. And I have credit with Walter Smith, so I will be picking up SOMETHING from him! Never know what else might be too good to pass up!

Old 08-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #45
El Jefe
Yeah...I heard Don was technically vending...but he may not be at his table the entire time. KJUN told me that he would be the stand-in seller of Don's aniamls so you'll at least get to see him behind the table.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #46
ArpeggioAngel
Yeah - KJUN had mentioned in the Tessera corn thread that Don would be there. I didn't see him on the vendor list for Daytona so I emailed him.
He said that KJUN talked him into it and that he has two tables (whereas normally if he vends somewhere he has four). KJUN will be manning the table if Don is off wandering and taking photos. I did also invite Don to dinner but as of right now he said plans are still up in the air. I am really hoping he joins us again because he is such great company!

Old 08-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #47
kathylove
What could he possibly do that would be more fun than dinner with all of us, lol!!

Old 08-05-2008, 05:32 AM   #48
MegF.
There is nothing more fun! What time is the dinner on Saturday anyway?

Old 08-05-2008, 07:27 AM   #49
snakemom1961
Once again I feel so left out living up north. I would LOVE to be able to travel down to Daytona one of these years. I'd hate to think of what I'd come home with if I actually was able to make it down there though. It sounds like you all have such a great time during the show and afterwards at the dinner. I sure wish we had a show up this way as big and fun as Daytona. Be sure to post LOTS of pics for those of us that are unable to make it.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #50
ArpeggioAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegF. View Post
There is nothing more fun! What time is the dinner on Saturday anyway?
I held the room starting at 600pm...but if people show up a little early I don't think it would be a problem. I believe the show closes at 500pm. Figured that would give everyone enough time to stop at hotels/drop off snakes/vendors at the show to close up and get over etc...

17 days to go!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google