• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hooollooween Photo Contest?

Tim if there is any way I can help with the contest just ask. :) You know I don't have a life and spend most of my time roaming CS.com any way. LOL

I refuse to comment.. Becuase at most times I appear to have no other life eithier.. *LOL*

Regards.. Tim of T and J...

I'd be happy to donate a pair of ghost for the contest... after all it IS halloween. But If I do am going to need some help covering the shipping.
Also I agree, anonymous entries. I have seen a lot of contest like this turn into popularity contests.

I'm more than willing to help as well. A suggestion for helping to cover shipping: an entry fee, something small, 5 or 10 dollars to put towards shipping.

I'd be willing to collect the photos and post them with polls when voting time came. I would love to enter, but wrangling snakes for photos isn't feasible for me right now nor do I have the room for "prize" snakes. ;) It would be wonderful to see the community get together for one of these again.

I'm more than willing to help as well. A suggestion for helping to cover shipping: an entry fee, something small, 5 or 10 dollars to put towards shipping.

Shipping was always covered by the winner or by an individual who was willing to donate shipping costs. An entry fee is a little over the top for something like this, we've always gotten a lot of entries and what would one do with the extra funds?

Usually the shipping is covered by the winners, this way the cost of shipping can not be disputed, hench no chance of controversy over so and so collecting money and having left over cash etc..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Ok, I just found out about this today...

But I can help with some of the organization, I know Beck and Steph and Jenne also offered, so that should be good for people setting it up. I'm also willing to donate a 1.1 pair of normals het ghost, and a 1.1 of hypos poss het lavender as prizes. Winner to pay shipping, unless we get anyone willing to donate shipping fees.

I'm also willing to donate gift certificates for second, third, and honorable mention (runners up) for T and J's (to go towards the purchase of a 2008 or 2009 hatchling) or Designed Insanities (graphic design). The amounts can be figured out once everything is set.

I'd be willing to help too, I know I'm still new to the site but if you need extra help with organization or whatever, I'm more than happy to do what I can!!

Where and when are rules going to be posted? What are the categories? How many pictures can you post per category? Is there an age restriction? Can a person win in more than one category.

Where and when are rules going to be posted? What are the categories? How many pictures can you post per category? Is there an age restriction? Can a person win in more than one category.

Whoa! Slow down there. LOL

A few of us are in the process of making the rules, categories, deadline etc. We will let you know when things are posted and ready to go. :)

I think this will be a great idea Tim. Might start to liven up the place again. I like the idea that Steph had with using different categories (i.e. Cornsnake, Photoshopped, Other reptile). I would like to see 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners in the different categories as well, if that were feasible, if not then at least 2 different winners in each category (If we can get enough prizes). I wouldn't have the time to help with any organizational aspects of the contest but I will be more then willing to put up one of the prizes. I know I can offer a 1.1 pair. A 1.0 Anery het Hypo and a 0.1 Ghost. Let me know if this works/helps.
Jay :cool:

Who is?

I think if anyone is planning on setting it up, they should not be participating by submitting photos.

If I'm not mistaken, and correct me if I'm wrong, you had talked to Jen about helping, correct? So far that would make you, Tim, Jen and my self.

And I don't think any of us had any plans of entering
the contest to begin with. :)

This is a wonderful idea. I love it. The only thing I worry about is the photoshop thing can get complicated. Photoshop is based on everything that you can do with a photo in the dark room, and of course there is much more. So photoshopping needs to be clearly defined. I might be misunderstanding as i have no idea how the past contest was done but i know that some people consider changing the brightness/contrast, hue/sateration, and dodging as photoshoping an image when its really not.

If I'm not mistaken, and correct me if I'm wrong, you had talked to Jen about helping, correct?

I stated in a post I would be willing to take it on if Tim didn't want to organize it. I wasn't aware that anyone was "in the process" of anything, which is why I asked who is. I was confused. :eek:

Anyway, here is what I suggest...

CATEGORIES

• Cornsnake
  • Digital "Photoshop" Cornsnake
  • Other Reptile
  • International

US PRIZES

Live Prizes:
1.1 Ghosts (donated by GhosthouseCorns)
1.1 Motleys (donated by Bekers71)
1.1 Normals het Ghost (donated by MrsInsaneOne)
1.1 Hypos possible het Lavender (donated by MrsInsaneOne)
1.0 Anery het Hypo & 0.1 Ghost (donated by Jay@PJCReptiles)
Would be cool if someone would donate another pair so we can have 2 pairs of prize snakes per category

Other Prizes:
2 Small Repti-Rock Bowl Sets (donated by TME)*
2 Medium Repti-Rock Bowl Sets (donated by TME)*
3 Small Repti-Ramp Bowl Sets (donated by TME)*
3 $15.00 Gift Certificates for a 2009 reptile purchase (donated by TME)
? $??.?? Gift Certificates for a 2009 purchase (donated by MrsInsaneOne)
* These I would be willing to donate 2 per winner

INTERNATIONAL PRIZES

1 year contributor membership (donated by Saffleur)
2 $??.?? Gift Certificates for Graphics Work (donated by MrsInsaneone)

RULES

• A maximum of two entries per category per contestant
  • Image size 600x450
  • Entry must be taken or created by the individual who submitted it
  • The winning photo will be determined by public voting
  • Shipping on Live Prizes to be paid for by winner
  • Entries must be submitted by 12:01AM EST October 27th, 2008 to a specific e-mail address
  • Voting polls will be posted by 12:01AM EST October 29th, 2008 and end on 12:01AM EST October 31st, 2008
  • Contestants under the age of 18 must have parental permission to enter and accept a live animal prize

If any of the above requirements are not met, an entry can and will be rejected.
Don't know how to resize photos? Use Serpwidget's Camera to Forum Program.

As for an example of what would define the Digital "Photoshop" Cornsnake Category...These would be examples:

Slithering_Through_the_Snow_Rich.jpg

5 images are combined in this one

agro_christmas_fauna.jpg

3 images are combined in this one

eddie_christmas_mods.jpg

2 images are combined in this one

Last edited:
Back