CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

I heard the MOST annoying thing about Corns....

Old 08-13-2009, 12:09 AM   #71
ceduke
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoologyGirl View Post
I don't think I can subscribe myself to any religion in particular.
That is exactly why I say that I am "Pagan" instead of Wiccan, or any of the other less organized, nature-oriented religions. None of them fit completely, but something from all of them touches me spiritually.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:11 AM   #72
COerriccaRN
Quote:
Out of curiosity......it hurts you to hear that some people don't want to be 'educated', or to hear that some people are happy with other religions?
No, no. no. It hurts me that it is a possibility I won't be spending forever in heaven with a person who is not "saved" or does what it takes to get there. That is my beleif alone, and yours is completely different but I beleive that only people who have accepted christ will get to spend forever and ever with him. You will probably disagree, but I beleive it with my whole entire heart And I will preach to other people about Him until the day I die because as a Christian person that is what is good and right and makes me HAPPY to do.

And thats the last I will post on this subject also...as I said, this thread isn't supposed to be a religious argument but a place where we could all share our aggrivations and stories about stupid things people have said about corn snakes. So lets get back on track or stop posting...

Old 08-13-2009, 12:13 AM   #73
COerriccaRN
And I wasn't saying you won't be in heaven at all...IDK really anything about being Pagan or whatnot all I know is that the only way to heaven is through christ and pagan people may beleive that to, I do not know. I was just clearing that up...

Old 08-13-2009, 12:15 AM   #74
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by COerriccaRN View Post
Did you read my very, very first scripture? ALL SCRIPTURE IS GOD BREATHED...
Says who? And let them prove it.

Quote:
so paul, Jesus's traveling companion wrote these things from his heart. This things where put into his heart by God. God and Jesus are the same...
Jesus and Paul never met, never crossed paths, and much less were NEVER traveling companions. Darling.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:19 AM   #75
COerriccaRN
Actually, paul was very spiritual and had a close walk with Jesus. I was not saying they PHYSICALLY travel together. But paul walked close to him (thats what us babtist say to describe a God fearing person. Darling )

This is for Zoogirl
Quote:
However, I do not believe that any one religion has everything right, and prefer to make my own judgment about spirituality not based upon how one religious sect decides to interpret the unknown.
Thats why you should just follow the bible, that why you know you don't go wrong

Old 08-13-2009, 12:23 AM   #76
vetusvates
Quote:
Actually, paul was very spiritual and had a close walk with Jesus. I was not saying they PHYSICALLY travel together. But paul walked close to him (thats what us babtist say to describe a God fearing person. Darling )

This is for Zoogirl

Thats why you should just follow the bible, that why you know you don't go wrong
Paul began life named Saul. A roman citizen. Grew into quite the persecutor and executioner of Jews, before his conversion on the 'road to Damascus'.
At which time he changed his name to Paul.
All of his writings are tainted with a personal grudge against the roman establishment, his guilt, and the mysterious "thorn in his side" he often alluded to in his writings. Scholars to this day debate what this secret was that tormented Paul so. (Check it out.....good reading.)
Note: Paul always travelled with a young male companion.....Silas, Timothy, Timon, Titus, etc. Hmmmmmm..................
This is who Paul was and what he did.

Also interesting, regarding Paul :

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/...0OB7H2PVV482E5

Old 08-13-2009, 12:26 AM   #77
COerriccaRN
Actually, we talked about this in Church the other day. The "thorn" is actually beleived to be a phisical alement that caused paul much difficulty in following the lord.

Also, when he became Paul, he was completely changed. God breathed his word through him.

I know all this abot Saul/Paul. Its an amazing story about how ANYONE can become a follower of God and turn their whole life around, with just a little FAITH. So inspiring

Old 08-13-2009, 12:27 AM   #78
wade
Quote:
There are hundreds of religions based on the bible, and they all have their own idea as to what it says and they all believe you are wrong.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:31 AM   #79
ZoologyGirl
Quote:

Then why do arguments exist between Catholics and Protestants.

What makes the teachings of the Bible any more true, or less true, than say the teachings of Buddhism, for example.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:32 AM   #80
vetusvates
Quote:
Actually, we talked about this in Church the other day. The "thorn" is actually beleived to be a phisical alement that caused paul much difficulty in following the lord.
This part.....approximately.....we agree on. Although I'd cast a broader net than a mere "physical" malady/ailment/distraction........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google