CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Age of Corn Snake Owners Poll.

Old 09-06-2004, 08:08 PM   #71
jzal8
I'm a 21 yr old senior in college. Ive wanted a snake all my life and being that this summer was my last one at home, I finally got the opportunity to get one (my mom would pass out if she ever saw it). Tomorrow i move out for good though and then i will be able to shower my corn with a mansion sized viv. My corn (napolean dynamite) is only a month old, but i bet he'll be a bruzer in a year or two. Makes me kinda proud.

Old 09-08-2004, 02:43 AM   #72
BriNik
I'll be 35 in Nov.'04. Had boas in my early days. Just bought 4 small corns (Okee, Ghost, Butter, Anery) wanted to get back into it and having two 5 yr. old daughters didn't want to go to big just yet.

Old 09-08-2004, 04:34 AM   #73
cornsnake00
52 going on 30.Started out with fish and finally lost interest. What to do with all those fish tanks? I know, put snakes in them!

Old 09-08-2004, 10:31 PM   #74
Gronk
I'm 42 and my Wife is...younger than me..lol !

About 2 years ago I went to a local reptile show with her (she wanted Crested Gekos) and there was a Husband and Wife with a couple of aquariums with very attractive snakes in them. We talked to them a bit and found out these were Corn snakes. They were normals, but to my eyes they were gorgeous.

Well....we bought a male and female found the online communities and have purchased from several breeders. We're up to 6 adults, 6 yearlings and a couple of '04 morphs. (Plus 4 Ball Pythons and 6 Crested Gekos!)

We sucessfully bred the pair we ended up buying from them, and this year are now the proud owners of 15 normal hatchlings as well. It was pretty amazing to go thru all the steps to get them to breed and see the babies pip (Grin).

Now we have umm, err... a LOT of Corns (smile). I've taken to working with Flexwatt, built one rack and purchased another, searching stores for shoebox containers..etc. etc... I'm about to dive into building a hatchling rack for next year....

I think I've seen the statement here...Corns are addictive ? Umm to say the least !! (smile)

Mike and Angela Palmerio....Novice Corn Keepers

Old 09-10-2004, 03:18 PM   #75
pcar
24 here and my wife is 8 years my senior. Became a Corn Snake Owner 3 years ago before I got married. was living in an appartment and needed a pet to keep me company. I have always loved snakes, and the appartment didn't have any deposit or rules against owning snakes, so I got snowy...my snow...and then about 6 months later I got Slither, my female okeetee. now I have had babies 2 years and purchased a new Ghost to breed with my Okeetee Het Ghost...the female listed above.

Old 04-27-2005, 05:48 AM   #76
JohnC
I am 71 years, soon be 72 and claim to be the oldest member on the English forums.
I keep and breed corns as well as other snakes and lizards.
My first corn was bought 34 years ago and I have kept a grey rat snake that I hatched for 27 years.

Old 04-27-2005, 07:29 AM   #77
oldhand
26 in september, and have keeping corns for a while now.

Old 04-27-2005, 08:51 AM   #78
Mary-Beth
I'm 25.
I've only had snakes for a month now, but I've wanted one since I was a kid. My parents said NO WAY and then my husband said NO WAY, but then our daughter had a love of snakes and bugs and such so my husband caved, YEY!

Old 04-27-2005, 08:57 AM   #79
Sabine66
I am 38 (+ 3/4...). My daughter got a corn snake for her birthday (Febr.). She wanted one for a long time.
I love that little snake and always refer to her as 'my corn snake'. Eventually would like to have another one.

Old 04-27-2005, 10:05 AM   #80
MegF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC
I am 71 years, soon be 72 and claim to be the oldest member on the English forums.
I keep and breed corns as well as other snakes and lizards.
My first corn was bought 34 years ago and I have kept a grey rat snake that I hatched for 27 years.
Wow!! How awesome! Here's a picture of my mom and dad with my corn. They are 73 and 80 years old respectively. Gramma is the most into the snakes! Fortunately they both like the snakes as they share the guest room with them

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google