CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

"Hello sweetie" :)

Old 09-16-2018, 06:10 AM   #1
FirstSnakeJourney
"Hello sweetie" :)

OK, that's as far as I go with River Song quotes.

Hi, I'm new (bet no one guessed that)

New as in I don't even have a snake yet but I'm working on it and just waiting for the final permission from the landlord which I'm hoping for in the next few days (everyone is receptive to it, they just asked for more info).

My choice of snake species is the corn snake (bit obvious i guess considering the name of this forum).

I'm a male (at least the last time I checked), living in Northamptonshire in the UK.

Guess I'll leave that here for now.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:21 AM   #2
Patmart
Hi I’m in Shropshire
I’ve got 2 corns about to get 2 more
I’m a 62 year old lady
Got my first when was 9 weeks old
His 2 years old next week
You’ve come to the right site
Have you got any question you want to know ?
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-16-2018, 06:46 AM   #3
FirstSnakeJourney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmart View Post
Hi I’m in Shropshire
I’ve got 2 corns about to get 2 more
I’m a 62 year old lady
Got my first when was 9 weeks old
His 2 years old next week
You’ve come to the right site
Have you got any question you want to know ?
Pat

Ta for the welcome. No questions at the moment but who knows when that'll change. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can and sort out in my head what is what.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:47 AM   #4
Patmart
Good luck
Pat

Old 09-16-2018, 09:37 AM   #5
Twolunger
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will love a corn snake. While you are awaiting permission from the landlord you can do a little research regarding care of corn snakes. I always recommend Nanci's Snickersnake blog. Just scroll down to member's blogs and click on Snickersnake, and look for the post on care of corn snakes.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:57 AM   #6
FirstSnakeJourney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmart View Post
Good luck
Pat

Thank you - probably going to need it once permission is given. (it's almost a done deal)

Old 09-16-2018, 10:00 AM   #7
FirstSnakeJourney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will love a corn snake. While you are awaiting permission from the landlord you can do a little research regarding care of corn snakes. I always recommend Nanci's Snickersnake blog. Just scroll down to member's blogs and click on Snickersnake, and look for the post on care of corn snakes.

I'll take a look - thanks. I have also been spending the last month (and a bit) reading (and watching in the case of YouTube) almost everything I can. Most of which is summarised in my own blog (how far off the mark I am has yet to be proved).

Old 09-16-2018, 10:02 PM   #8
SnakeCreations
Welcome! It's a great decision and a wonderful hobby, for sure. Do you have an idea of what you're interested in getting?

Lots of fun - enjoy!

-Tonya

Old 09-16-2018, 11:43 PM   #9
FirstSnakeJourney
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCreations View Post
Welcome! It's a great decision and a wonderful hobby, for sure. Do you have an idea of what you're interested in getting?

Lots of fun - enjoy!

-Tonya
A corn snake...

Beyond that, no idea. My eyes have been caught by some of the panel based morphs - in particular snow and peppermint.But I'll wait and see what is on the market when that time comes. If I can I'll be looking to rehome from a rescue centre first. But decisions about that kind of thing can wait.

Old 09-17-2018, 05:35 AM   #10
Patmart
Hi there is a rescue place for snake at Dudley West Midlands
Pat

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google