• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Vanay- Anery ugly progression

Vanay shed around midnight or so, so I thought I'd get up this morning and take some photos before I go to work since I won't get back until dark, and friday's supposed to be somewhat wet.

But oh no, Mr. Sun... you *suck* at 8am for photo-ness. Teach me to ever waste sleep for this again. Or it could be that me on 6 hours of sleep just can't take a decent photo. XD

In which Shiari learns that early morning sun + angle of said sun = bleargh.

vanay1106.jpg

And then discovers that out of 30 photos... only 3 are at least *somewhat* in focus....

vanay1105.jpg

And is then mocked by her own snake who would not stay still because it's *cold* outside. >_<

vanay1103.jpg

Last edited:
Got some more shots, thanks to a bit more sun. I also declare this to be the shed of "Holy Crud lookit all that yellow!"

Vanay was not thrilled.

vanay1108.jpg

"What the... Oh gods, not the camera AGAIN! What can I do to make this torture end???"

vanayturnsbrown.jpg

"HA! I'll try turning weird colors! .... darnit, the brown isn't discouraging her enough....."

vanay1109.jpg

"I KEELS your hand! How you like that, hunh?... Why are you laughing at me, Mom?"

vanay11010.jpg

*hangs head in shame* "Fine... fine..."

vanay1107.jpg

"But you only get this ONE!"

Vanay is so beautiful! I love her. I like the yellow that is coming in. I bet she's going to be stunning as an adult.

With the purple blush on the cheek, it really looks to me to be a charcoal. Even a young Anery A should be starting to show some yellow on the neck at that size & this one doesn't look nearly as "black & white" as it should for an Anery A.
If you got it from Petco, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a morph...they'll sell pretty much anything they get from their suppliers for the same price.
(One of the reasons WE won't deal with them is because you have to PURCHASE an account & BID on orders from them & then they'll only pay breeders maybe $10 a snake...we aren't a big enough breeder for that & probably never will be!)

Thankyou. :D She actually does have a fair amount of yellow courtesy of this last shed, but it's very pale. And yes, most of my aneries, and my current ghost juvenile, all showed the yellow *much* earlier than she did. Yellow starting around 60 grams is a little odd.

she looks just like my johnny. only he is a little bit darker in some places. lovely snake though!

Vanay shed a few days ago. She seems to be holding steady color wise now despite being only 10 months old.

vanay3101.jpg

She's also much easier to photograph in trees/bushes. I think this may become a permanent theme for little miss on the go!

vanay3102.jpg

Her personality is also holding steady... in "I hate you" mode.

vanay3103.jpg

Aw, she's so pretty - even when she's sticking out her cute li'l purple cheeks trying to look threatening!

Just a few quick pictures

Vanay shed overnight so I decided to snap a few pictures real quick before I do the chores I'm *supposed* to be doing right now... But pictures of snakes are far more entertaining than laundry, vacuuming, and cleaning. :p

vanay6101.jpg

I only noticed after editing the photos that Vanay has developed a yellow wash over most of his head. o_O weird beast.

vanay6103.jpg

He is still, overall, a lovely mix of silver and brown with pale pastel yellow. Dear macro setting: I love you.

vanay6102.jpg

That's it for now. I'll attempt to blue-something him for full body shots at a later date.

Love the progression! Is a male, right? Also wondering how common is the cheek blushing in Charcoals?

Yes, Vanay ended up probing extremely male, despite many repeated female 'pops' when a hatchling.

The pink blush is pretty common to charcoals and aneries, methinks.

A few quick pics. Vanay should be shedding soon. He's got that "pre-shed dirty"-ness going on.

Attachments

• vanay-9-10-1.jpg
    vanay-9-10-1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 124
  • vanay-9-10-2.jpg
    vanay-9-10-2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 124
  • vanay-9-10-3.jpg
    vanay-9-10-3.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 124
Such a pretty snake! I noticed you changed from calling the snake a "she" to a "he". Did you find out it's actually a boy?

Back